What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

Had a great day until i went to pick my daughter up from Berwick upon tweed tonight.
On the back road saw some lights and hazards flashing a girl in the road crying and a silver golf TDI wedged in the hedge, A Van drew up behind me i got out and there were two in the car covered in blood the bloke in the rear seat looked in a bad way the woman in the front was in absolute agony it was quite stressful car had gone off the road up the hedgerow (Hawthorne) and the near side passengers had been sort of severely ripped to shreds once the windows smashed and the hedge got them.
Never though of this until i saw it but the hedge must be fairly supple and springy and under tension must enter the car a good foot or so as it goes up the hedgerow. The Law turned up and i gave my name address and mobile and left.
It was terrible to be honest. I came back the back road when i picked the daughter up.

At the local park today..
Why the fuck do people pick up their dog's poop, put it in a plastic bag, and throw it back on the ground???
Maybe the same people who believe the leash rule does not apply to their "baby". And yell don't worry he won't bite. I learned to hate people in parks with their muts and quit visiting parks all together. Seeing dog piss on a brake rotor after sniffing a tire just sucks. People would get an ass whooping if they acted like some dogs. Shitting on the sidewalk is just so nice! I use to be a dog lover decades ago.

Maybe the same people who believe the leash rule does not apply to their "baby". And yell don't worry he won't bite. I learned to hate people in parks with their muts and quit visiting parks all together. Seeing dog piss on a brake rotor after sniffing a tire just sucks. People would get an ass whooping if they acted like some dogs. Shitting on the sidewalk is just so nice! I use to be a dog lover decades ago.
The dogs aren't the problem, their owners are.

The dogs aren't the problem, their owners are.
Yup a I was at a friend's house 5yrs ago. He had at least 4 dogs. The older female laid beside me. And put her head on my leg. She looked at with the most apologetic eyes. Like she was apologizing for all bad dogs. She is a great dog! Manners, smart, loving and polite!

Had a great day until i went to pick my daughter up from Berwick upon tweed tonight.
On the back road saw some lights and hazards flashing a girl in the road crying and a silver golf TDI wedged in the hedge, A Van drew up behind me i got out and there were two in the car covered in blood the bloke in the rear seat looked in a bad way the woman in the front was in absolute agony it was quite stressful car had gone off the road up the hedgerow (Hawthorne) and the near side passengers had been sort of severely ripped to shreds once the windows smashed and the hedge got them.
Never though of this until i saw it but the hedge must be fairly supple and springy and under tension must enter the car a good foot or so as it goes up the hedgerow. The Law turned up and i gave my name address and mobile and left.
It was terrible to be honest. I came back the back road when i picked the daughter up.
Sounds like it ruined several people's day. Hope they are ultimately OK!

Sounds like it ruined several people's day. Hope they are ultimately OK!
The woman front passenger looked bad but was moving but in pain, the guy in the back slumped in the back seat lots of blood everywhere, call me a wimp but i did not want to look too much, A it seemed to be like Rude invading their privacy if you like at a bad time, b i could not help not a medic and selfishly i guess i did not want to look too hard and cary it all for days / years to come Medics and law called 15 mins before i got there and i was just sort of in the way, i went up to the second cop car gave the lass my name etc and was gone. thats acctualy what they wanted. st johns ambulance training would be handy to obtain i guess. I felt useless though i admit that. There was a nurse in a car that stopped sometime before me she was constantly talking to the lad in the back he was talking but weak by the sounds.
My advice keep the hell away from hawthorne hedges they are real bad news.

I was up and out a few hours early this morning to fight traffic 2 hours to go only 43 miles arriving before 8am to get a job done. 45 minutes disassembly only to find out the customer had lied about a few critical things. Half an hour on the phone to a so called Project Manager then 45 minutes reassembling before explaining to the crew onsite why I was leaving. (by use of Google translate, no English) then one hour return trip with no traffic.

Sometimes I miss working in one building.

96 miles round trip, in the rain, after dark.

1000004284.jpg

My washer died last be Saturday. New one delivered today and it's DOA

DC motors and PWMs were the death of quality appliances. It used to be that they used AC motors with multiple windings to produce the different speeds needed for all of the wash cycles.

If a small company here in the States built a real vintage tech washer and dryer that would last, without the need for record profits every year, I think they would have a sustainable businesses model. Selling direct might be the key.

Maybe retro-fitting someone else's machines would be a better idea. Motors, wiring and controls are much cheaper.

Just waiting on the balance transfer to a loan I started a year ago. It'll be zeroed out within the next few business days. I also sold my car yesterday. The Strom is my only mode of transportation now. It's way cheaper than the car. Car insurance was almost $200 a month, gas was costly, tires were getting bad, and the Theta II motor was beginning to give the impression a thrown rod and/or engine fire was on the horizon. Letting go of the car hurt a little bit but it'll be reborn as something newer and better after being crushed, melted down, and molded. Strom insurance is only $17 a month and I spend around $40 in gas a month.

Once the debt is zeroed, I'll have no more debt. Next time I take on a loan, it'll be some cheapo land somewhere in the country.

I'm on that path myself, had a company vehicle for a dozen years now and wasn't driving my car much. I was paying heavy child support (that wasn't supporting my children) and the car was sitting costing me $110/mo so I sold it in 2016 for less than it was worth, it was paid off at least though.
Land or land with a good fixer-upper house has been on my radar since then. Affordable places are all too far away to keep my current easy job though, and that really sucks.

I'm on that path myself, had a company vehicle for a dozen years now and wasn't driving my car much. I was paying heavy child support (that wasn't supporting my children) and the car was sitting costing me $110/mo so I sold it in 2016 for less than it was worth, it was paid off at least though.
Land or land with a good fixer-upper house has been on my radar since then. Affordable places are all too far away to keep my current easy job though, and that really sucks.
WV has affordable homes that don't appear all that bad. The downside is they're all located in destitute coal towns, hollers, and towns whose populations are shrinking relatively fast. WV is also loaded with tweekers and other types of miscreants. Beautiful riding can be had there. Same situation all along the Mississippi River Delta Basin and some parts of KY. If I had enough F-U money, I'd go live in Moab, UT.

Top Bottom Back Refresh