What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

I'm gonna skip the video and take your word for it. My head really doesn't need any more trash in it šŸ˜
Good idea. I honestly wish I hadn't seen it. I ended up going on a 3hr ride after processing what I watched. It's a beautiful day. Stopped by a nearby reservoir to read up on "Ghost Rider" before departing to get some food.

Other news: I realized the other day when applying for a spot at an advanced MSF course PA residents with the permit or endorsement get to take FREE courses in PA. Yes, MSF courses in PA are free for residents with a PA license with endorsement or permit. Gotta take advantage of that!

Down the bike and I went. This time in a Taco Bell parking lot. Did my headchecks prior to going for the spot I wanted. Suddenly there was somebody attempting to pass me. At such a low speed, braking immediately brought the bike down. It was that or hit her car. My left hand was almost run over.

She circled around after some people boxed her in within the drive-thru. She apologized a ton, gave her the wringer, and she ended up buying me a couple chicken quesadillas. She has only been driving for less than a year and isn't well versed on right-of-way or when it's a solid time to go around somebody. It could have been worse. I'll consider the flagrant foul forgiven. Hopefully she has learned something.

In hindsight I should have done less front brake and waaaaay more rear. It's not like a skid was possible under 10mph, with ABS.

OTOH, the integrity of the Alpinestars Tech3 boots got tested. Bike also landed on my left leg and most of the boot was under it. I didn't even feel it. Left boot is perfectly fine. It protected my foot the way a hockey skate does. I hated the break-in period of the boots but I cannot deny it was money well spent. šŸ‘

Yup..a front brake stab at slow speeds...I had a dump truck pull out in front of me on a customer's Electra glide. I locked up both wheels and flintstoned at 25mph. The dump trucks turned the sand into nano ball bearings...like glass bead on a concrete floor. I turned in the work order shaking and went looking for the driver...good times

Here's my rant for the day.
If there's an obstruction in your lane, that does not give you the right to jump into the other lane unless there's no traffic coming! I've been seeing this more and more lately. "Oh, there's someone stopped in my lane, I'll just go around even if there's someone coming right at me, fuck you all, I'm in a hurry and more important."

I swear the next time this happens I'm hitting them head on and letting their insurance buy me a new car.

Wife suddenly felt bad last week. Scared me that her appendix may be trying to burst so I ran every test I could find online and was comfortable that wasn't the issue. I could see on her face that she felt bad after work yesterday so I took her to the ER.

Arrived at ER at 7pm. Gallbladder issue. At 1am we had no answers and I was annoyed. Hunted up a nurse, explained the situation and she was helpful. She's staying here for monitoring and ultrasound lady is gone for the day. Wife finally convinced me to go home and take care of her pet dragon. 2am. Felt shitty leaving her alone so I was back at the hospital by 2:30. She slept well with pain meds and I sat on a stool. Took her in for ultrasound at 9am this morning. Gallbladder needs to come out. Surgeon expected around 6pm. She sent me off again and as soon as I got home she texted me that they were prepping her for surgery. Dammit. Rushed back out there but she was already in the operating room when I got back. Felt like shit not being there for her.

Surgery went fine. She's in recovery. Go to see her but she's completely drunk. Visiting hours are over before she'll wake up. Nurses tell me to leave. Running on no food or sleep, but it don't feel right going home without her. Fueled by guilt I reckon. Home now and I didn't like it. I never know the right thing to do. She's been completely chill and totally unbothered by the whole thing. I feel like I've been through the ringer and back. I wish I had her chill.

Wife suddenly felt bad last week. Scared me that her appendix may be trying to burst so I ran every test I could find online and was comfortable that wasn't the issue. I could see on her face that she felt bad after work yesterday so I took her to the ER.

Arrived at ER at 7pm. Gallbladder issue. At 1am we had no answers and I was annoyed. Hunted up a nurse, explained the situation and she was helpful. She's staying here for monitoring and ultrasound lady is gone for the day. Wife finally convinced me to go home and take care of her pet dragon. 2am. Felt shitty leaving her alone so I was back at the hospital by 2:30. She slept well with pain meds and I sat on a stool. Took her in for ultrasound at 9am this morning. Gallbladder needs to come out. Surgeon expected around 6pm. She sent me off again and as soon as I got home she texted me that they were prepping her for surgery. Dammit. Rushed back out there but she was already in the operating room when I got back. Felt like shit not being there for her.

Surgery went fine. She's in recovery. Go to see her but she's completely drunk. Visiting hours are over before she'll wake up. Nurses tell me to leave. Running on no food or sleep, but it don't feel right going home without her. Fueled by guilt I reckon. Home now and I didn't like it. I never know the right thing to do. She's been completely chill and totally unbothered by the whole thing. I feel like I've been through the ringer and back. I wish I had her chill.

Gallbladder issue is no fun. Feels like a blowtorch being applied to the side. I felt her pain through your rant. Went through that in 2018. I don't have a gallbladder anymore and cannot eat super spicy foods as a result of it. She won't be able to eat hot spicy stuff anymore either if that's what she was really into. Sugary stuffs will hit the bloodstream super fast, too, and so will the shit from carbonated beverages. It'll all hit fast in the worst kind of way. Hot spicy things can cause an indigestion and GERD eruption if she isn't careful. Pantoprazole is going to become her best good friend for the time being. That shit is anything but cheap.

Gallbladder issue is no fun. Feels like a blowtorch being applied to the side. I felt her pain through your rant. Went through that in 2018. I don't have a gallbladder anymore and cannot eat super spicy foods as a result of it. She won't be able to eat hot spicy stuff anymore either if that's what she was really into. Sugary stuffs will hit the bloodstream super fast, too, and so will the shit from carbonated beverages. It'll all hit fast in the worst kind of way. Hot spicy things can cause an indigestion and GERD eruption if she isn't careful. Pantoprazole is going to become her best good friend for the time being. That shit is anything but cheap.
We've never been in to hot spicy food. A regular jar of salsa makes my nose run. We do cook with a lot of spiceS, but nothing particularly spiceY, as far as burny.

I'm happy eating rice or beans. I've been trying to get her to eat simpler foods for ages. She's gonna have to know. I didn't want it to be like this, but if this is what forces her to eat healthier I'll count it as a silver lining.

She's already requested no pain meds. She said she expects discomfort but doesn't feel any real pain. Expect I keep making her laugh, which hurts. Making her laugh and being a smart ass is like my goal in life so I'm just trying to be quiet for now.

Not aware of GERD, so I'll look in to that and see what's up šŸ‘

We've never been in to hot spicy food. A regular jar of salsa makes my nose run. We do cook with a lot of spiceS, but nothing particularly spiceY, as far as burny.

I'm happy eating rice or beans. I've been trying to get her to eat simpler foods for ages. She's gonna have to know. I didn't want it to be like this, but if this is what forces her to eat healthier I'll count it as a silver lining.

She's already requested no pain meds. She said she expects discomfort but doesn't feel any real pain. Expect I keep making her laugh, which hurts. Making her laugh and being a smart ass is like my goal in life so I'm just trying to be quiet for now.

Not aware of GERD, so I'll look in to that and see what's up šŸ‘
Iā€™m glad that sheā€™s okay! Thatā€™s scary stuff. Iā€™m sure that youā€™d have traded places with her in a heartbeat if you couldā€™ve.

I feel your pain. My wife almost died during the birth of our second child. I know that helpless feeling of not knowing what to do. Really there is nothing to do. Donā€™t beat yourself up over it.

And I hear you about making your wife laugh. Youā€™ve all seen how terrible my jokes are. I know Iā€™ve done good when she looks away to hide the smile. I tell her that I can tell sheā€™s smiling by the way her hair moves up in the back. She still doesnā€™t know that I canā€™t really tell and usually lets me see that she actually thought that my dumber than shit joke was at least slightly funny. The only thing I love more than the confirmation that my joke was kinda funny is making her smile. :D

Your wife sounds tough and is in good spirits. You two are lucky to have each other. šŸ‘

And what kind of dragon does she have? šŸ²

Glad the procedure went well. One bit of advice: Make sure she does nothing even mildly strenuous. Nothing. For at least a week. Longer if possible.

I spent 3 days in the hospital after my surgery and went back to work 2 days later. Nothing more strenuous than working behind a desk. Two days later, I had a blowout and started bleeding internally. Arrived at the hospital and they couldn't find a pulse (it was weak). Three bags of blood and another 3 days in the hospital.

The good side to the story is that I've had NO dietary restrictions. Chocolate, Spicy, - doesn't matter, I can eat anything.

Iā€™m glad that sheā€™s okay! Thatā€™s scary stuff. Iā€™m sure that youā€™d have traded places with her in a heartbeat if you couldā€™ve.

I feel your pain. My wife almost died during the birth of our second child. I know that helpless feeling of not knowing what to do. Really there is nothing to do. Donā€™t beat yourself up over it.

And I hear you about making your wife laugh. Youā€™ve all seen how terrible my jokes are. I know Iā€™ve done good when she looks away to hide the smile. I tell her that I can tell sheā€™s smiling by the way her hair moves up in the back. She still doesnā€™t know that I canā€™t really tell and usually lets me see that she actually thought that my dumber than shit joke was at least slightly funny. The only thing I love more than the confirmation that my joke was kinda funny is making her smile. :D

Your wife sounds tough and is in good spirits. You two are lucky to have each other. šŸ‘

And what kind of dragon does she have? šŸ²
Oof, no kids here but yeah, childbirth is scary to me. I worry about medical stuff and don't think twice about hooning around on a bike. She doesn't get it.

Making your lady smile is the best thing ever. Crys is Queen of the Dad Jokes. I'm usually the one trying to pretend her joke wasn't funny šŸ˜

She's got a bearded dragon. Reptiles for a pet never made sense to me. Who wants to keep something in a tank to stare at? But her little guy runs free in the house after she gets home from work and he crawls all over her. Not unusual for him to be buried in to her ponytail, dead asleep, while she's doing chores around the house. She takes him out in the yard on a leash and follows him wherever he wants to go. He used to sit in the window sills and bob his head ( how they show they're angry about something) at every deer that walks through the yard. He was throwing a fit at a deer one day and she put on his leash and took him outside. All 10oz of him went barreling full speed towards that deer in full badass mode. When he got close enough to realize how big the deer was he stopped , froze, turned and run up and sat on Crys' shoulder šŸ˜ Little guy is full of personality and he's well spoiled. I don't think a happier dragon ever lived.

Don't worry. His toes always look broken.

IMG_20240229_135421989_HDR.jpg

Glad the procedure went well. One bit of advice: Make sure she does nothing even mildly strenuous. Nothing. For at least a week. Longer if possible.

I spent 3 days in the hospital after my surgery and went back to work 2 days later. Nothing more strenuous than working behind a desk. Two days later, I had a blowout and started bleeding internally. Arrived at the hospital and they couldn't find a pulse (it was weak). Three bags of blood and another 3 days in the hospital.

The good side to the story is that I've had NO dietary restrictions. Chocolate, Spicy, - doesn't matter, I can eat anything.
Bro, I'm trying to make her be still but it's a struggle. She's doing good but she's so bored. I'll show her your story and hopefully it scares her in to submission šŸ˜

That's awesome that you don't have any dietary restrictions now. I hope she can be so lucky

I worry about medical stuff and don't think twice about hooning around on a bike.
It's funny how that works. I'll admit that I was second guessing some of my riding after I had the apendectomy last year. It made me feel fragile for a litlte bit.

Making your lady smile is the best thing ever. Crys is Queen of the Dad Jokes. I'm usually the one trying to pretend her joke wasn't funny šŸ˜
For sure it is. While i'd consider my style as a "Joke Carpet Bomber", happy to score a few hits among lots of misses. My wife on the other hand is a "Joke Sniper". One joke, one laugh. :D

She's got a bearded dragon. Reptiles for a pet never made sense to me. Who wants to keep something in a tank to stare at? But her little guy runs free in the house after she gets home from work and he crawls all over her. Not unusual for him to be buried in to her ponytail, dead asleep, while she's doing chores around the house. She takes him out in the yard on a leash and follows him wherever he wants to go. He used to sit in the window sills and bob his head ( how they show they're angry about something) at every deer that walks through the yard. He was throwing a fit at a deer one day and she put on his leash and took him outside. All 10oz of him went barreling full speed towards that deer in full badass mode. When he got close enough to realize how big the deer was he stopped , froze, turned and run up and sat on Crys' shoulder šŸ˜ Little guy is full of personality and he's well spoiled. I don't think a happier dragon ever lived.
That's really neat. I had no idea that a reptile could have personality like that..

WAS going to change the front brakes this morning. Right side mounting bolts came off without a problem. That is due to having cleaned the caliper last year because a piston was getting stuck while applying the front brakes. Left side, however, is a different story. I've tried all my power tools. I whipped out a breaker bar and managed to snap the square fitting on the 3/4 in to 1/4in fitting. Mounting bolts on left side are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over tightened. Previous owner is a dumb fuck and now I'm probably going to get bent over at the shop on Tuesday when I send it for its yearly inspection. Well, at least they'll let me test ride some bikes while mine is being worked on. They do charge fair prices and will do extra stuff without charging extra. It still sucks since I can easily replace brake pads AS LONG AS THE FUCKING MOUNTING BOLTS AREN'T OVER TIGHTENED!

FUCK YOU PREVIOUS OWNER! YOU WEREN'T WORTHY ENOUGH FOR THE STROM!

Going back to the first oil change. I'm certain the over tightened filter was the previous owner's fault.

A man has got to know his limitations rings true when wrenching as well... Some people just don't get it....
Every fucking bolt, screw, nut, and whatever else I've undone and retorqued to specification had an ungodly amount of Loctite on them. I obviously took the time to clean that shit off. Proper torquing is all that's needed.

Top Bottom Back Refresh