What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

The shotgun can pretty much do it all except be concealed. Doves to deer and everything in between.
I gotta have a .22 for squirrel hunting. Picking pellets out of your squirrel nuggets isn't any fun šŸ˜

IMG_20231015_190214391.jpg

I feel so disconnected when I see something like this. On sale for $2,700? If you blind walked me up to that gun in a store and told me it was $500 I would believe it and still not be interested.

There's no rare materials or new tech going on? I just don't understand what drives the price so high

I feel so disconnected when I see something like this. On sale for $2,700? If you blind walked me up to that gun in a store and told me it was $500 I would believe it and still not be interested.

There's no rare materials or new tech going on? I just don't understand what drives the price so high
Would it go off if the owner bangs it on the ground like this supposed XR15 Shorty Bullpup? :imaposer

Grandma Jay is currently serving a 7 year sentence for pointing his rifle at police during a "peaceful" BLM march.

I actually like my AK variant more than the AR15. I did have, at one point, a Mossberg 930 Auto Loader with wooden furniture. I've noticed ones with wooden furniture are quite rare. A friend of mine made an offer I couldn't refuse. It was a great trap shooting shotgun. Won many amateur competitions with it. I do miss it. I miss the Boomers raging when they would lose to somebody using a "cheap ass piece of shit sub-$400" shotgun over their $3,000+ over/under shotgun. :imaposerAnd Boomers love saying Millennials are the crybabies. It isn't the gun that makes the difference. It's the person behind it.

Do I prefer Glock or Smith & Wesson? S&W due to the ergonomics and overall comfort while open or conceal carrying. It doesn't feel like I'm stuffing a brick. I sometimes rock a 357SIG barrel in the Gen 3 Glock G27. 357 SIG is pretty lit!
Handcannons.jpg
Boomsticks.jpg

Was debating pump action shotguns today with the eldest, he asked me why i did not care for or indeed keep the 1970 Ithaca 37 featherweight in 20 GA and a 1974 12 magnum 37.
Well i just felt the 37 was ok but compared to the model 12 i had before and a JC higins 20ga that replaced the feather 37 the 37 was no way as slick or ballanced as well as either, in fact to my way of thinking even the 870 wingmaster was a way better gun to shoot imo , just fitted me perfect and i could not miss with it.
Am i a unique wingshooter in not favoring the 37 or feeling the 37 vibe? Or are there others?
PS JC HIGGINS is the slickest pump i ever owned. YOMV

Was debating pump action shotguns today with the eldest, he asked me why i did not care for or indeed keep the 1970 Ithaca 37 featherweight in 20 GA and a 1974 12 magnum 37.
Well i just felt the 37 was ok but compared to the model 12 i had before and a JC higins 20ga that replaced the feather 37 the 37 was no way as slick or ballanced as well as either, in fact to my way of thinking even the 870 wingmaster was a way better gun to shoot imo , just fitted me perfect and i could not miss with it.
Am i a unique wingshooter in not favoring the 37 or feeling the 37 vibe? Or are there others?
PS JC HIGGINS is the slickest pump i ever owned. YOMV
JC Higgins?! Y'all got those in Scotland? I never saw one with a pump, only bolt action.

Love my JC Higgins 20 ga. Got another JC Higgins in 16ga that I hardly use. And a Remington 870 Super Magnum 12ga I use even less šŸ˜

I keep saying I'm gonna start using slugs in the 870 for deer, but it's just too easy to keep grabbing the SKS instead.

JC Higgins?! Y'all got those in Scotland? I never saw one with a pump, only bolt action.

Love my JC Higgins 20 ga. Got another JC Higgins in 16ga that I hardly use. And a Remington 870 Super Magnum 12ga I use even less šŸ˜

I keep saying I'm gonna start using slugs in the 870 for deer, but it's just too easy to keep grabbing the SKS instead.
No i am a bit different i always liked pumps and had them because they were cheap and worked for geese.
It all started in the 70s with a mosberg 88 i had in New Zealand it was the cheapest gun in the shop in Queenstown, when i came home i got a winchester ranger 120, and it went on from there i had a few 37 a Stevens a Marlin 120 a Wingmaster Then the 37 feather and the model 12 Duck and the JC higgins in 20. The JC Higgins was Off Losemouth air base in scotland a yank serving in there, we met waterfowling he was from Wisconsin shot and talked about a place/ area he shot called horicon marsh(not 100% on spelling) He told me he had the higgins i got it and liked it.
not met many Yanks but we got on great he was a mad keen goose shooter and loved shooting my double 8ga or single 4ga on long range pinkfoot geese, we frose many a morning on the norther firths and often walked off the marsh together he was dogless so my dogs worked his retrieves, long before mobiles we were on landlines in those days. we stayed in touch a christmass card or two but just lost touch.
My lad is considering getting a Beneli nova or an Winchester SXP, he was asking about the Ithaca37s . I advised him to get a supernova or ave up and get a Browning A5 waterfowler inertia auto.

I actually like my AK variant more than the AR15. I did have, at one point, a Mossberg 930 Auto Loader with wooden furniture. I've noticed ones with wooden furniture are quite rare. A friend of mine made an offer I couldn't refuse. It was a great trap shooting shotgun. Won many amateur competitions with it. I do miss it. I miss the Boomers raging when they would lose to somebody using a "cheap ass piece of shit sub-$400" shotgun over their $3,000+ over/under shotgun. :imaposerAnd Boomers love saying Millennials are the crybabies. It isn't the gun that makes the difference. It's the person behind it.

Do I prefer Glock or Smith & Wesson? S&W due to the ergonomics and overall comfort while open or conceal carrying. It doesn't feel like I'm stuffing a brick. I sometimes rock a 357SIG barrel in the Gen 3 Glock G27. 357 SIG is pretty lit!
Handcannons.jpg
Boomsticks.jpg
Do you have any issues with the mag spring of your M&P?

Strange question but it is gun related if you get the reference. Should chili have beans or no beans?

Depends on the type of chili.

Which probably shows that I don't get the reference šŸ˜

Iā€™ll give others a chance to answer and then explain myself. :D

Top Bottom Back Refresh