What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

That NeoMag is pretty neat. I always keep a flashlight and my Leatherman on me. Adding my spare mag holster things start to build up and it annoys me as well.

$50 is a bit chunky for what it is though. I'll probably get one some day though. Pretty neat.
Still a fan of a should holster with mag. pouches. But I haven’t carried in years.

My current pistol holds 16 and I haven't thought about needing to carry another magazine. Some of the high capacity stuff is convenient

My current pistol holds 16 and I haven't thought about needing to carry another magazine. Some of the high capacity stuff is convenient
Having a spare mag. Is just as needed to clear a jam as to reload a gun. And reload when you can not when you have to.

Last edited:
My 45 is seven rounds, so a spare mag isn't the worst thing to have on me.

My 45 is seven rounds, so a spare mag isn't the worst thing to have on me.
Bro, for seven rounds I think I'd just carry a revolver 😁 Capacity is the only thing that makes an automatic attractive to me.

Vortex offers a free app to download and set up for ballistics

Limited Edition

1710598046788.png

What’s everyone’s favorite shooting activity? If you are going to go out and put some rounds down range what’s your top choice?

I always enjoyed hiking and shooting with a .22. There’s always something fun to shoot at like a branch on a downed tree on the other side of a swamp. Let’s see how many shots it takes to break it off. My dad used to take me out doing that when I was a kid. Probably my fondest memories of my youth.

Number two would be sporting clays. That will be some of my top memories with my kid.

It’s all fun but those would be my two top choices to spend an afternoon doing.

What’s everyone’s favorite shooting activity? If you are going to go out and put some rounds down range what’s your top choice?

I always enjoyed hiking and shooting with a .22. There’s always something fun to shoot at like a branch on a downed tree on the other side of a swamp. Let’s see how many shots it takes to break it off. My dad used to take me out doing that when I was a kid. Probably my fondest memories of my youth.

Number two would be sporting clays. That will be some of my top memories with my kid.

It’s all fun but those would be my two top choices to spend an afternoon doing.
Clay shooting and squirrel hunting is my favorite.

I didn't care for still hunting so I'm always hiking. When squirrel hunting I have my own set of rules. If I spook a squirrel and it runs up a tree, he made it to home base He gets a pass even if it's a clear shot. Only shoot what I can sneak up on.

I miss clay shooting every weekend with buddy's in highschool, but it's become too expensive. I've taken a liking to archery. No cleaning, reusable ammo, no noise and a higher ceiling to reach for as far as shooting skills required. My firearms collect a lot of dust these days, sadly.

How good does wild hog meat taste vs farmed pigs?
We like it. Couple of Rules for harvesting wild Pigs:

• for eating, Harvest Young Sows - 60-125# range are best
  • You have to be ready to field dress them fast, split the pelvis to cool the meat quickly
  • in Summer or >60F, carry an chest of ice to throw in the pig to cool them down on site
  • Get them in a cooler or to the processor fast
  • all Boars and Sows 150# are left to the coyotes

Top Bottom Back Refresh