What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

I didn’t think the 458 had a lot of recoil.
Not to worry, I've lost many hard hitting guns in a terrible boating accident a few years ago, I evens lost a 375HH mag Safari Grade WIN, SW460 8" BBL, several 454's and 460's , 458 SOCOMS's etc

Not to worry, I've lost many hard hitting guns in a terrible boating accident a few years ago, I evens lost a 375HH mag Safari Grade WIN, SW460 8" BBL, several 454's and 460's , 458 SOCOMS's etc
I've donated all of mine to the Rainbow Coalition and BLM. I want all of those virtue signal points and a spot in DEI Heaven.

So I've currently been tossing about the idea of adding a new 357 revolver to the stable. 4" I think would be a good compromise between velocity and packability. The Taurus model 66 is appealing with features and price. A Ruger Blackhawk is also in the running with a 4 5/8". I'd like to have something a bit more substantial to have with me for the IDBDR I plan on undertaking next summer. Any opinions good or bad on the Taurus ?

Taurus makes a fine product, I'd have no reservations, Period. I've had several before I lost them all in the boating accident near Kona....

I do like the ported revolver options, if they have one for small calibers like the 357

I have owned better options, foolishness and an eye toward greener pastures allowed them to slip away. But I currently have the necessary supplies to feed this little beast. As for porting, those that had it didn't seem to offer enough benefit to offset the drawback for me personally

I've always despised the tacticool trend. The militia tards/fools/patriots/valor thieves seem to be heavily into it. All of my long guns have iron sights. There isn't any of that laser or red dot horse shit on mine. The only thing I ever did to my AR15 is put on a different pistol grip and angled foregrip.
Not gonna lie, it stings that you lumped "patriots" in there, but I get it. I call those people Toy Soldiers. The really want to project how manly and heroic they are for everyone to see, but the most they've done is make anyone owning guns appear to be a goon. Goons chomping at the bit, just waiting for their moment of glory. It's weird.

We need to take back "patriot". Words mean things and I'm tired of all the "redefining" of things lately. If you're swinging meat you're not a woman, we defined what constitutes a vaccine over a century ago and a group of masked up feds are not patriots.

Not gonna lie, it stings that you lumped "patriots" in there, but I get it. I call those people Toy Soldiers. The really want to project how manly and heroic they are for everyone to see, but the most they've done is make anyone owning guns appear to be a goon. Goons chomping at the bit, just waiting for their moment of glory. It's weird.

We need to take back "patriot". Words mean things and I'm tired of all the "redefining" of things lately. If you're swinging meat you're not a woman, we defined what constitutes a vaccine over a century ago and a group of masked up feds are not patriots.
The reason I put them in there is because I used to be heavily invested in that way of life. The paranoia from that crowd is intoxicating and sets one up for being manipulated if they don't keep some type of lifeline back in reality. I'm no longer unknown to a certain alphabet agency for no reason. However, what kept me from getting hemmed up for real was using logic and seeing things for what they were. I left a certain organization once I realized the leaders were all valor thieving shit bags. If they're lying about their supposed service, what else are they lying about? The supposed brotherhood was broken once I realized they were all liars, thieves, and con-artists.

I always kept a tether as my lifeline to bounce back to reality, so to speak. I also have a solid core of friends whom I can trust when I need somebody or some people to talk to. These groups take advantage of veterans who are struggling to find comradery they had while serving, others who feel alienated by society and aren't of the leftist mindset, strays in general, and other religious conservatives who also feel like the second coming of Jesus is soon.

What ended my foray in that life was the fact most people in that walk of life are looking for exactly what you described. Many have their head in the clouds and are so fucking paranoid anybody will be labeled a fed if they don't cow tow to their belief system. To most hardcore Conservatives, I am to be ostracized, shunned, and labeled a fed just because I'm there to tell others to pipe down the rhetoric and realize the people they're following or have allowed to get their hooks in their minds are nothing more than the common con-artist. Do some background checking of a supposed war hero and you'll find the fucker either never served or got booted out on a Bad Conduct Discharge or Other Than Honorable Discharge. These people are no good to the entire cause and bring unwanted negative attention. If what they're doing is righteous and just, why the paranoia, death threats, and at the very least, shunning of former members? That isn't how you win over my loyalty.

Finally, if somebody is going to call themselves a Patriot and play the part, they also need to look the part. I can't take a tacti-cool fat ass seriously. Somebody like that is a detriment to themselves and their entire circle. When I call somebody out for being a valor thief or for the more serious crime of Stolen Valor, I make sure to have all my shit together. A wrongful accusation is cause for a serious throat chop and crude backhand slap.

Fact of the matter is, most of these so-called Patriots don't have the balls to do anything. We all will own nothing and supposedly be happy. They're good at talking the talk but sure as shit won't walk it themselves. They'll be happy to manipulate a bunch of rubes into doing their bidding. You'll see how big and bad they really aren't when they're being cuffed by FBI agents. They'll often be found screaming and crying like children. I simply no longer care to be involved in that militia garbage since I have more pressing matters on my mind.

Last edited:
I'm out of the loop. What's one of these with wooden furniture going for? Second hand, like new. Maybe ran two full msgs through it.
IMG_20240229_162811351.jpg

IDk, now they are offered at $349 and buy it now is $549 at sites like GUNBROKER.com

1709301352920.png

new was like $180 before prices went crazy with COVID,,

1709301074434.png

That's why I'm confused. This is the box where I bought it in 2012. Unless there's some model variation I'm not aware of, but apparently I overpaid 😁
IMG_20240229_165625590.jpg

Trying to determine value so I can trade it for guitar stuff.

That's interesting but I don't understand what the advantage is over a conventional pouch.

Article author says can be used with single and double stacks, if you need that option.

That's interesting but I don't understand what the advantage is over a conventional pouch.
I can wear a pocket knife with a clip like that, no problem. But a pouch hung on my belt drives me crazy.

I can wear a pocket knife with a clip like that, no problem. But a pouch hung on my belt drives me crazy.
That NeoMag is pretty neat. I always keep a flashlight and my Leatherman on me. Adding my spare mag holster things start to build up and it annoys me as well.

$50 is a bit chunky for what it is though. I'll probably get one some day though. Pretty neat.

Top Bottom Back Refresh