What's new

Tool Time

Where can hex drive sockets be bought. My tool kit has an 8mm socket but not a 10mm. The included t handle works great. I might be using the wrong terminology to search for a hex drive 10mm socket.

I don't think I've ever seen a female 1/4" hex drive socket. So we're sure we're talking about the same thing, could you post a photo of the T handle and 8 mm socket with the connecting ends exposed?

Yu can look around KC Tool, too.

I have never seen a female hex drive socket till a few days ago. I will post a picture if I get closer to a cell tower tomorrow. I could get a female to female coupler for torx bits and a few driver style sockets. I am not sure why the t handle is male hex and not female.

I know this socket exists because I have an 8mm and a few other bits. Just don't know where to find additional pieces that are direct fit.

I believe you, but I usually see such things in 1/4" square drive.

Was your set intended for anything specific, like bicycle use? Do you know its brand?

Off brand motorcycle kit that has the nicest set of lineman pliers of any motorcycle kit. Very perplexing why a 10mm wasn't included. I was impressed with the t handle idea and slightly confused. The hex drive has a ball detent on the long end. And is more stable than a female magnetic hex drive with a driver set. I wondered if there was a term used for this odd male hex drive system. Google searches have been useless so far.

One option is welding/keying 2 sockets together or making an adapter. This male hex drive system is an interesting concept even if not industry standard. Or there is some global timeline delay on new ideas and new standards....not sure! I thought magnetic female hex was the future. Or micro drive low profile ratchet wrench/ 1/4" sqare drive that drives hex bits and square drive sockets in a very low profile design. Anyhow maybe some insight will pop up over this male hex drive...or it is a fluke event.

I had to buy some tools to work on our new apartment in Portimao Portugal. No HF there so I went to Leroy Merlin, like Home Depot, to pick some up. $59 for this pretty damn nice set of hand tools.
20221101_095507.jpg

I had to drill some holes in concrete, so bought a $14 hammer drill. It worked great to hang the TVs.
1668536823193.png

20221111_092825.jpg

20221111_092719.jpg

Enjoyed the view with a drink when done.
20221110_171242.jpg

20221110_171009.jpg
When I saw the tool kit I envisioned putting attachments on the bottom so it could click onto the pannier hardware on a bike.

The Truly Suave set up a QR code for the WiFi.

Oh, the branched wire moulding under the TV. Seriously? :imaposer

Have fun and good luck with the apartment.

Top Bottom Back Refresh