What's new

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X

My first bike didn't have a Tach and I told my self never again. I like to see what the engine is doing. I have owned a couple of scooters with tachs and even though they aren't needed I liked having them. I can live with no tach on scooter or dirtbike but leaving it off on a streetbike is pure cheapskate cost cutting.
I was pleased to see a closeup of the speedometer on one review of the Speed 400 and it shows an LCD tachometer as part of the display.

I was pleased to see a closeup of the speedometer on one review of the Speed 400 and it shows an LCD tachometer as part of the display.
That's good to know. I couldn't see a tach on the video I watched but figured there might be one that I couldn't see.

What's the BBQ rack on the rear wheel about?
image (1).jpg

Ah. Interesting. And just on one side? They figure you're smart enough to keep it out of the exhaust, but you'll forget and let it fall on the other side?

I get that. Just thought it was odd that the guard isn't on both sides. It's on the non-chain side, too.

Prices listed on the Triumph website:

$4,995 for the Speed 400 and $5,595 for the Scrambler!

Wow! That's great pricing!

Last edited:
Prices listed on the Triumph website:

$4,495 for the Speed 400 and $5,595 for the Scrambler!

Wow! That's great pricing!
$1000 more for the scrambler? That's OK, I like the speed 400 better anyway:-)

Is that you sitting on it? If so, what's your height?

I thought it was a good size for me. The riding position was comfortable as was the seat.

Now here's a bike that is really compact:

PA070029b.JPG
Based on your impressions, would you buy the Triumph? How's the built quality?

Based on your impressions, would you buy the Triumph? How's the built quality?
This is the only Triumph I would have any interest in buying. Someone mentioned to me that the build quality was not as good as British built Triumphs but it looked fine to me. Hopefully I'll get the chance to ride one next year.

Top Bottom Back Refresh