What's new

Upper Michigan - Say ya' to da' UP, eh!?

Yeah, but we don't have to shovel alligators up here. :lol2

I enjoy the snow, it's the bitter cold that can get tiresome by mid-February.

Going to look at a new winter project tomorrow.....

Will hopefully be picking up a 2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road. Came from Arizona, so should be relatively rust free. Pics of the underside look good.

I retired this past April (or....maybe I'm just unemployed:dunno), and the goal is to build a "trail rig" to take on various 4 wheeled adventures.
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]I really hate the term "overlanding".... sounds too pretentious.[/UWSL]

I'm not giving up bikes, but this will allow the wife and I take some longer adventure trips together.

Nothing too crazy planned.... just a capable rig.

Plans include:
  • 2-2.5" lift with 285/70r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3's
  • Skid plates
  • Rock sliders
  • Low profile front bumper and winch
  • Possibly a rear bumper if there's any budget left.

The first thing to do though, is get the truck fluid filmed!

I don't mind the snow, or the cold (unless it's days of sun zero temps)..... what gets to me most is the lack of sunlight and sunshine.
Yeah I get that. I do enjoy the nights though with a bright moon and lots of snow to light things up at night like you don’t see in the summer. 😊

Going to look at a new winter project tomorrow.....

Will hopefully be picking up a 2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road. Came from Arizona, so should be relatively rust free. Pics of the underside look good.

I retired this past April (or....maybe I'm just unemployed:dunno), and the goal is to build a "trail rig" to take on various 4 wheeled adventures.

[UWSL]I really hate the term "overlanding".... sounds too pretentious.[/UWSL]

I'm not giving up bikes, but this will allow the wife and I take some longer adventure trips together.

Nothing too crazy planned.... just a capable rig.

Plans include:
  • 2-2.5" lift with 285/70r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3's
  • Skid plates
  • Rock sliders
  • Low profile front bumper and winch
  • Possibly a rear bumper if there's any budget left.

The first thing to do though, is get the truck fluid filmed!

You spelled "Adding a LS motor" wrong :rofl

You spelled "Adding a LS motor" wrong :rofl
I lack the skills to perform the swap. I did look for a supercharged one, but struck out.

Made the quick run to St Louis Missouri to check it out and brought it back home to the snowy north! Poor thing spent the first part of its life in sunny Arizona. Now it lives in the frozen tundra of 'da UP! :lol3

It's going to sit in the garage until I get the fluid film (or some other rust treatment) appointment set up.

A couple of quick pic's of my new winter project.

Got the new tires on it, and the lift kit and skid plates are ordered. Have to wait for my budget to recover, and start ordering the rest of the stuff after the holidays....

i-JhW36TN-X2.jpg

i-NCk9Bk2-X2.jpg

Getting to the air filters is so easy on the Africa Twin...:bluduh

i-gscBHtZ-X2.jpg
FYI , the Super Tenere 1200 you need to remove the tank, then the AF is dead Center under it.

The AT air filter location looks to be a better, more accessible, design.

FYI , the Super Tenere 1200 you need to remove the tank, then the AF is dead Center under it.

The AT air filter location looks to be a better, more accessible, design.
Still a lot of work to get to. I have to loosen the crash bars to allow them to butterfly open. Pull the seat off, and then remove all of the plastic.

The air filters do remain amazingly clean. I rode the entire TAT (plus getting to the start, and back home again), along with an entire summer season of riding on top of that, and the filters had a couple of dead bugs and only a light coating of dust.

Top Bottom Back Refresh