What's new

Welding & Fabrication

Just put a little header wrap on it and it is all good….

5123BD53-DDAD-4CC0-ABF2-64491797048E.jpeg

One of our suppliers sent this out today. Just passing it on.

Anyone need/want a reliable metal Chop Saw ?

On Sale starting today - thru May 12.

1648058891619.png

Dont forget the Dry Lube

1648058955354.png

"You cant weld what you cant see"
Important

I had my optometrist make special glasses for me that are very low profile so that they fit under the hood, and very short focal distance so that I can get in close for tiny welds on tiny things

They make a huge difference

I had them coated with the anti glare/fog coatings

Important

I had my optometrist make special glasses for me that are very low profile so that they fit under the hood, and very short focal distance so that I can get in close for tiny welds on tiny things

They make a huge difference

I had them coated with the anti glare/fog coatings
Yup, I had a custom set of TRI FOCALS made just for welding. Make a Huge difference.

Yup, I had a custom set of TRI FOCALS made just for welding. Make a Huge difference.
Was at a buddies shop, he flipped up his helmet and had a set of glass's on. I started making fun of him, "they makes magnifier lenses for those helmets". He gets this sad look and says, "I've got one in there all ready".

I'm going to have to do something here soon, The shitty welder at work quit, the new guy they hired can't TIG. So all week I have been sticking 18G stainless together........ Mostly by braille...... I can't see shit anymore.

20220317_125914.jpg

Reactions: MVI
For my eyes, off-the-shelf reading glasses don't work for me. Out of focus. Only my prescription works for me, although my prescription can be applied to lenses ground for magnification.

Prescription ground for short focal distance works better than with magnification, as I get a deeper field of focus.

Northern Tool is running a sale on their Welding tables right now.

I have two of these, while not perfect, they are more than good enough for most jobs and make set up a breeze.

1648475962466.png

you can remove the legs if desired.

1648476094949.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh