What's new

What bike did you just buy?

Those bikes were probably built better 😂

It's terrifying for 6' 2" me to ride, but my wife loves it, so all is good.

I was going down a hill in one of the hayfields and it just wouldn't stop. Only has a rear brake. It instantly locked and I just slid the tire about 250' all the way down the hill 😁 Ridiculously good fun.
There is an addiction factor. The brake should work great....the brake is the traction and wheely control. Wait till you find about the laughing rodeo bounce to whiskey throttle straight up a tree. Ultimate fun! The atv tire and clutch will hook up hard when least expected.

20230611_183056.jpg

20230611_165453.jpg

20230611_183056.jpg

I remember my dad looking at buying one of those years ago. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over the front end (I get it). I was pretty young at the time and didn't get the motor sticking out, and I kept watching Dad accidentally kick the heads when he was sitting on the bike. Salesman asked me what I thought of it. "Looks like something Dr Suess would draw". Made everyone upset 😁

Definitely something different. I'm glad they exist.

I remember my dad looking at buying one of those years ago. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over the front end (I get it). I was pretty young at the time and didn't get the motor sticking out, and I kept watching Dad accidentally kick the heads when he was sitting on the bike. Salesman asked me what I thought of it. "Looks like something Dr Suess would draw". Made everyone upset 😁

Definitely something different. I'm glad they exist.
I've been riding BMW R bikes for over 20 years. Never once "kicked the heads", or bumped into them. This is my second R1200C/CL bike. I built my other a few years ago.

From this:
OWKKBg.jpg

To this:
MCYtFI.jpg

Fun bike to ride. Not as heavy as one would expect.

lkh;fgdkhl;fdgkh;d.jpg

I think I have a problem.

Sat on that today. Looks great. Comfortable. For some reason, my Dyna is my favorite bike, but after an hour I need to get off it. I love doing 300+ miles days, and there's just no way on the Harley.

Only thing is, I'll never be riding double. I'm also running out of room in the garage as this would be bike #4. I think I'd be selling the Dyna for next year if I end up riding this more often.

They also stopped making this thing quite a few years ago, so not sure on parts availability if I need repairs.

Guess I can always sell it off if I don't end up liking it.

Its a sharp bike though.

Working at my buddy's shop years ago I had to change a fuel pump on one of those. Had to pick it up with the trailer from the customers house and drop it back off. Owner asked for a new rear tire as well. Just trying to push that thing on to the trailer alone... what a mass.

The cruiser thing eludes me. I've been told it'll come with age.

Same.

Once we Rented an Indian Chieftain in Deadwood SD for a 3 day ride w/the wife. I've never gelled with floorboards on a bike. Part of it might be my 38" inseam.

Last edited:
I didn't care for them either. I've had a Shadow, Seca 650, and a V-Star before, I was way too tall for them:

Resized952017071595113320.jpg

I tried forcing myself to like them, and it never worked out.

Then I sat on that Dyna.

mnvmv.jpg

Fit me, PERFECTLY. First bike ever I didn't have to raise a seat, lower the pegs, or raise the bars. Pure factory. The thing is obnoxious as hell, loud, looks bad ass, and is a blast to ride. My favorite bike bar none, and I have no idea why. No luggage, after 80 miles I'm looking for a gas station, above 70 the wind pushes your feet off the pegs, no suspension, and after an hour your ass is beat to death. But, its the first bike I go for when I walk into the garage. I can't explain it.

The C90T fit me. Never had a bike with a full fairing like that. If it doesn't work out, I'll ship it. But if it does work out, I may end up sending the Harley out the door. Badass bike, but just isn't practical for my style of riding.

I didn't care for them either. I've had a Shadow, Seca 650, and a V-Star before, I was way too tall for them. I tried forcing myself to like them, and it never worked out.

Then I sat on that Dyna.

mnvmv.jpg

Fit me, PERFECTLY. First bike ever I didn't have to raise a seat, lower the pegs, or raise the bars. Pure factory. The thing is obnoxious as hell, loud, looks bad ass, and is a blast to ride. My favorite bike bar none, and I have no idea why. No luggage, after 80 miles I'm looking for a gas station, above 70 the wind pushes your feet off the pegs, no suspension, and after an hour your ass is beat to death. But, its the first bike I go for when I walk into the garage. I can't explain it.

The C90T fit me. Never had a bike with a full fairing like that. If it doesn't work out, I'll ship it. But if it does work out, I may end up sending the Harley out the door. Badass bike, but just isn't practical for my style of riding.
^^^ had a Dyna as a rental once.

Loved it for about an hour for the same reasons, fun, loud, etc.
By 3 pm, Was glad to turn that beast back in. Vibes had gotten to me.

^^^ had a Dyna as a rental once.

Loved it for about an hour for the same reasons, fun, loud, etc.
By 3 pm, Was glad to turn that beast back in. Vibes had gotten to me.
Yawp. When I switch from a week on the Dyna to the GSXF on Ohlins, I wonder why I even on the Dyna. Completely different world.

Had a chopper once and couldn't do the feet forward in to the wind thing. Wore me out spending all day clenching my legs together like a thigh master because I was going feet first in to the wind. It looked so cool, but that's all it did well. That's not true, the sissy bar made carrying camping stuff super easy, but I ended up actually tying my legs to the tank so I could relax my legs and tolerate getting to where I need to go. 😁

Well this just got so much easier.

The seller is going to meet me at work. His daughter is going to follow him up, we're going to do the sale, and he's driving back. No trailer. No meet ups. huh. this is great.

excited.
Damn, it doesn't get any better than that. !

Ya, and the weather is PERFECT and kiddo is gone with the grandparents for a few days. BRAAAAAAP
You're hitting home runs all over the place. You'd better be buying a lottery ticket while you're on this streak

Guy showed up about 30m ago. What a gorgeous freaking bike. Cleanest bike I've had. I'll have to remember to get a few pics of it. What a nice, classy looking ride.

Top Bottom Back Refresh