What's new

What bike did you just buy?

Okie doke. 100 mile ride on the bike after work. Got comfortable enough with it I was able to rev match.

She's taaaaaaal geared. Like, 40mph in first. What a completely different riding style. Slow and cumbersome. Its like the RV of bikes. You take turns slow and bumble along. Did fine on the highway, but there is a MAJOR issue.

The head bobble or turbulence or whatever you call it. Its almost unrideable with it on there. It was in the lowest adjustment so I raised it to the max, about 3" more. It made it worse. My head is in a god damned paint shaker. On the freeway, I couldn't even read the signs as I passed them my head was shaking so bad.

So I popped the glass out tonight with the wing on there and slid it to the lowest setting in hopes of the wind just hitting my chest. Looks different with no glass. If that doesn't work, then I'm popping the wing off. Its aftermarket anyways and is held with like four bolts.

It also has a Boss aftermarket motorcycle stereo on it. Speakers mounted on the bars. I use speakers in my helmet so the system won't be used. The wiring is all run under the tank so I'm not going to bother with it.

Super clean bike though. Classy. Think its my quietest bike.

I like it. Its a total grandpa compared to the Harley.

fasfasaa - Copy.jpg

It shook your head so hard all your hair rattled off your head and slid down to your chin! 😮

I've never been able to ride behind a windshield. I'm more comfortable at 80mph on a naked bike with a dirt bike helmet and goggles than the times I've sat behind a windshield 😁

I'm glad you like the bike, man. The wing looks ok, but they look good without them.

Okie doke. 100 mile ride on the bike after work. Got comfortable enough with it I was able to rev match.

She's taaaaaaal geared. Like, 40mph in first. What a completely different riding style. Slow and cumbersome. Its like the RV of bikes. You take turns slow and bumble along. Did fine on the highway, but there is a MAJOR issue.

The head bobble or turbulence or whatever you call it. Its almost unrideable with it on there. It was in the lowest adjustment so I raised it to the max, about 3" more. It made it worse. My head is in a god damned paint shaker. On the freeway, I couldn't even read the signs as I passed them my head was shaking so bad.

So I popped the glass out tonight with the wing on there and slid it to the lowest setting in hopes of the wind just hitting my chest. Looks different with no glass. If that doesn't work, then I'm popping the wing off. Its aftermarket anyways and is held with like four bolts.

It also has a Boss aftermarket motorcycle stereo on it. Speakers mounted on the bars. I use speakers in my helmet so the system won't be used. The wiring is all run under the tank so I'm not going to bother with it.

Super clean bike though. Classy. Think its my quietest bike.

I like it. Its a total grandpa compared to the Harley.

fasfasaa - Copy.jpg
WTF’s up with that gap above the headlight bucket?

WTF’s up with that gap above the headlight bucket?
The wing is an aftermarket thing. In the pic, I jacked up the wing onto the highest setting to see if I can get the wind over my head, hence the gap. It made it worse. So, anything less than a riot shield in front of me, isn't going to work. So I dropped it back down and removed the glass portion of it. There's no gap anymore. Leaving in 20m for work to see how the wind does. If my head is still getting knocked around, I'm just going to remove the entire thing. Its easy. Four or five bolts, pops right off.

That bobble is gone now. So that's good. I'm still contemplating on just taking the wing off. Not sure.

Definitely not a small backroads, tight turns bike. This thing is like riding a bus, haha.

Not sure how it looks,

jgldfkjgklsdf.jpg

hfghdfhddddd.jpg

Popped the glass out. I'm going to give it another go this afternoon after work. The buffeting is gone so that's nice. Doesn't pan out, wing comes off completely.

About 120 miles today. MUCH better with the glass out. Doesn't look bad either.

Definitely a highway bike. Under 30mph, the engine is lugging in 1st. Once up to speed at like 60mph in 3rd, it settles nicely. I'll ride it out this year and see if it sticks. If not, sell it off in the Spring.

Harley is staying.

Oh yeah. That looks clean, too! I wanna try it out.

Does it have F3 forks on it?

Oh yeah. That looks clean, too! I wanna try it out.

Does it have F3 forks on it?
No, Supposed to be the euro set up with worked internals. Have receipts from Hyperpro and she’s tight.
Looking around the web. It might be an NT650 left lower leg and a euro front wheel. I’d like to put a black tube UDF front end on it.

Last edited:
Needed a small dualsport for the back of the RV. Sold my 94 KDX 250 after 29yrs, great bike. Took those funds and tried the local used market as well as dealers with little luck. Held my nose, said a small prayer, and clicked "buy" on a small chinese bike. It's a Templar X, air cooled 250cc. Now after several trips and general use all summer it has held up well and punched far above it's price of $1799. Having been down the China bike road before with kids atvs I know how this can go, so far so good and fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 20230524_150753.jpg
    20230524_150753.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230831_175905.jpg
    20230831_175905.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
After both of my SV650s let me down this year, I decided it was time upgrade to something new.

hQgy5VD.jpg

OWxYIcS.jpg

So I drove four hours to Knoxville one Saturday morning, shook hands with the Aprilia salesman, and rode home on an RS660.

qTNQ6FW.jpg

With the final VIR track day of the year fast approaching, it is now a mad dash to get the bike ready in time. First, put enough miles on it so that you don't feel too guilty rolling onto the track and nailing the throttle.

MQKEjEq.jpg

Then get some race bodywork painted.

OsYEf9i.jpg

Order some suspension...

OfB23Fl.jpg

MtpnJRr.jpg

...and change the oil, safety wire it, change the coolant, put in new brake pads, and throw on some slicks. And hope that somehow ... somehow ... you can get all that done in two weeks. Wish me luck!

After both of my SV650s let me down this year, I decided it was time upgrade to something new.

hQgy5VD.jpg

OWxYIcS.jpg

So I drove four hours to Knoxville one Saturday morning, shook hands with the Aprilia salesman, and rode home on an RS660.

qTNQ6FW.jpg

With the final VIR track day of the year fast approaching, it is now a mad dash to get the bike ready in time. First, put enough miles on it so that you don't feel too guilty rolling onto the track and nailing the throttle.

MQKEjEq.jpg

Then get some race bodywork painted.

OsYEf9i.jpg

Order some suspension...

OfB23Fl.jpg

MtpnJRr.jpg

...and change the oil, safety wire it, change the coolant, put in new brake pads, and throw on some slicks. And hope that somehow ... somehow ... you can get all that done in two weeks. Wish me luck!
Very nice. Congrats!

Top Bottom Back Refresh