What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

It's a stand for rebuilding shocks. PVC is cheap, non-marring and easy to hose off. There's different bits and pieces made to hold certain things like valve stacks or pistons. Tried to find a pic of it in use, but I've broken a couple phones since I built that stand 😁

Screwed together some OSB scraps to finally make some compartments to better organize the space under my workbench.

IMG_20220906_175750408_HDR.jpg
Then forgot I draped this thing here while reorganizing the shop, turned around and scared the fucking soul right out of myself.
IMG_20220908_181252500.jpg

Screwed together some OSB scraps to finally make some compartments to better organize the space under my workbench.

IMG_20220906_175750408_HDR.jpg
Then forgot I draped this thing here while reorganizing the shop, turned around and scared the fucking soul right out of myself.
IMG_20220908_181252500.jpg
Locals tried to get me to do snake duty while they fished. Fortunately a few told me about running out of ammo trying such adventures.
20220701_193147.jpg

Messed with charging my Super Tenere's battery a few times as some dummy left the key on Thursday night when he got home from work. I think it is still good for now.

Picked up new tires, thought I'd strap them a little further forward to see what riding with a back rest might be like. Shockingly uncomfortable. Every pothole rebound punches you in the spine, not in the normal way, and luggage rack vibrations transfer right in to you.

My kidneys feel very alive at the moment 😁

IMG_20220920_155658091_HDR.jpg

Picked up new tires, thought I'd strap them a little further forward to see what riding with a back rest might be like. Shockingly uncomfortable. Every pothole rebound punches you in the spine, not in the normal way, and luggage rack vibrations transfer right in to you.

My kidneys feel very alive at the moment 😁

IMG_20220920_155658091_HDR.jpg
yeah, i did the same, ONCE.

not again.

Neighbor stripped out a torx head bolt on a Supra seat swap

welded a tab on it, easy peasy to remove

1663892010540.png

new junkyard seat was not in the right postion to pull one of the 4 seat bolt. So I suggested a jump pack that ZoomerP suggested I purchase

couple of leads, flipped the switch, and viola, 5 seconds of 12v and the now we had access to instal the new junkyard running gear

1663892332232.png

new junkyard seat was not in the right postion to pull one of the 4 seat bolt. So I suggested a jump pack that ZoomerP suggested I purchase

couple of leads, flipped the switch, and viola, 5 seconds of 12v and the now we had access to instal the new junkyard running gear

1663892332232.png
200.gif

Looked for, and found in the warehouse/garage, the wing nuts for the storm shutters at the office since we are in the eye of a possible hurricane next week... We lease and the landlord already called if we needed anything to close the building.
The house has accordions and they were checked last spring so IF needed they'll operate just fine. Going to be riding this weekend anyway... :lol3

@ JimVonBaden I am surprised you didn't get the 1UP rack... https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-racks/ No wrenching needed and mine is going on 12 years....

Prepping for an upcoming trip so spending more time in the garage.

Swapped brake lever for a shorty to clear new hand guards.
Flipped the brake hose guide to clear the hand guard bracket.
Test fitted the hand guards... getting closer to fitting!
R&R'd the bent brake pedal and adjusted it.
Stripped the plastics off for overall cleaning, inspection and a few other items that need to be done.
Sorted gear in bins based on the categories of my packing list spreadsheet. Including a bin of pruned and possible items that I can't/shouldn't take.

2022-09-22 23.29.03.jpg

Someone's trying to figure out why the hell I'm laying on the ground...
2022-09-22 23.31.32.jpg

Yesterday I was gathering stuff for my upcoming SC trip and ran across these, hadn't seen them in a few decades

ZFIfndH.jpg
I've got a piles of Honda marked tools scattered here and there. Toolkit tools usually end up scrapped or made in to something else, but never could bring myself to kill a Honda tool for some reason.

What's the junker going into?
Mazda 6 series (?).

I got a text from him a couple of hours later saying thank you for my help, and the driver's seat works again

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh