What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Pulled the rear shocks in the truck tonight. Completely dead. I'd flip them upside down, and the bottoms just ka-thunk right into the top. There was nothing in there. Popped in the new ones.

Pulled the driver's rear tire. One frozen slide. The other all rusted up. Pads frozen in place on those little bendy clips. Pistons all rusted. So I just bought everything from the banjo bolts forward. Should see an improvement there.

Pulled the rear shocks in the truck tonight. Completely dead. I'd flip them upside down, and the bottoms just ka-thunk right into the top. There was nothing in there. Popped in the new ones.

Pulled the driver's rear tire. One frozen slide. The other all rusted up. Pads frozen in place on those little bendy clips. Pistons all rusted. So I just bought everything from the banjo bolts forward. Should see an improvement there.

glad I dont live in the rust belt....

got a few.. I call it a Fire Axe....

far left requires the HD Regs for max cutting, up to 5" cutting

far right is for sheet metal and less than 1/4 inch

Victor HD.jpg

Last edited:

When we moved to Texas with our up North vehicles we found it was sometimes difficult to get them worked on. Quite a few shops looked at how rusty they were underneath and passed on working on them.

When we moved to Texas with our up North vehicles we found it was sometimes difficult to get them worked on. Quite a few shops looked at how rusty they were underneath and passed on working on them.
That's why a lot of times, brakes especially, I just replace the entire setup. Caliper, rotor, brackets, etc. You can try to rebuild somethings, but in the end replacing the entire unit is just the better way.

Sure, keep bragging... Lol

These are my "new-to-me" truck
Passenger side bed
DSCF0569.JPG

Driver's rocker (or lack thereof)
DSCF0581.JPG

Recently I've been working on repairing it in preparation for inspection, and I think I finished up today.
Glued in new metal with 3M 08115:
DSCF0591.JPG

Epoxy primed, and top coated with Rustoleum
DSCF0593.JPG

Bushwacker plastic rocker covers make the outside look nice
DSCF0594.JPG

I screwed on the plastic with the intention of removing it at a later date to spray rust preventative inside.

IMG_20230219_172419165.jpg

It's bad lumber, but it's free lumber 😁 Knocked up a cabinet sorta thing. Planning on storing lots of heavy items so started with some left over shelving wall rails. Oughta keep the dust and chips out.

IMG_20230521_163811800.jpg

Old tire cover from the drag racing days I've been holding on to forever. Finally had a use for it!
IMG_20230521_164000816.jpg

Milled up an extended axle block to mount a chain cover (Scott oiler stuff😁). Then gave hammer forming a try to make the chain guard.

IMG-20230520-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20230520-WA0013.jpeg

Happy with that! Would've been happier if the "satin" powder coat hadn't been so glossy. It'll all blend in once everything's coated in gravel dust. Redo it if it bugs me.

IMG_20230520_190955478.jpg

IMG_20230520_225146777.jpg

Im curious about Cerakote. Powder is so quick, cheap and easy, but color consistency between brands is a nightmare.
I can give it an excellent satin black cerakote if you ever end up this way!

I like the C series, it is air cured and so far the black has been a breeze even for me to get a good finish with. The main reason I even started using it was I didnt want to have to fit an oven in the garage or get yelled at by the gf for using the kitchen oven :lol3

I tore the rear bodywork off the scooter I'm renovating for my daughter, gas gauge wasn't working, nobody'd ever had this apart before and the gauge worked after unplugging/replugging the connection. I'll bring dielectric grease with me next time, I only had contact cleaner with me today.

Top Bottom Back Refresh