What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Need to get some more of the she shed shit outta here and more bikes out of the shop.

20230528_191557.jpg

Truck got new oil and filter. Serp belt had a bit of a squeal to it, so it got a new belt and tensioner. That was straight forward. That must suck on a diesel though.

Wagon got new oil and filter as well.

Washed and waxed the Harley.

Cleaned up the shop a whole bit. Slid the bike lift under the platform I made for wooden planks and 2x4s. Fit under it just perfectly. I used to have it dead nuts center of the garage. What a difference having that thing off to the side. Still need to clear off tool cart and the bench, but I ran out of steam. Mosquitos were getting really bad too with the doors open.

gdfsgsdsss.jpeg

Duramax serp belt took me about 15 min IIRC> No big deal

Duramax serp belt took me about 15 min IIRC> No big deal
Ah. I figured since they've fit ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag, it'd be tight getting in there. heh

I fitted some handmade leather bags to my RE Interceptor that I bought in March from ebayer Handishiva
Check this out for $46, they've got dozens of styles for bikes plus lots of other bags and other stuff too. They're in India but shipping was only 4 or 5 days. https://www.ebay.com/str/handishiva?_sop=15

Attachments

• IMG_20230529_164627.jpg
    IMG_20230529_164627.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230529_164512.jpg
    IMG_20230529_164512.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I finally made some adapters so I can mount a Ducati engine on the stand I already had instead of wrestling with it on the floor or bench...

Stand_7240.jpg

Stand_7242.jpg

In theory I can roll it onto it's side and pull the right side case half to work on the internals, but I'm not entirely convinced it'll be all that stable with the two main engine mount bolts removed.

I also considered cutting the flanges to get access to the swingarm bearings, but decided I'll do it later if I find it would be helpful.

After a day in the sun I pulled the bags off and gave them a good coat of mink oil. There are better products but I had this handy and it's familiar. Not looking for waterproof, I just don't want to panic if it rains.

Jim, what did you use and have you had good success with it in the past? I ask because I used some Mother's product and it was a waste of time.

Did some Manitence on the Duramax yesterday, new fuel filter, recharged the Banks K&N Intake kit... All in Preperation for the Run to Silverton CO with the bikes

Any HVAC Chiller Experts or Industrial Chiller Service Guys here, please drop me a IM.

TIA.

Jim, what did you use and have you had good success with it in the past? I ask because I used some Mother's product and it was a waste of time.
I did this about two years ago with the same stuff. It lasts over a year. So I expect to do it again the end of next summer.
PM'd since the forum won't show my link.
get rid of the parenthesis: (h)ttps://www.amazon.com/Nano-Bond-Ceramic-Coating-Protection/dp/B07MHB8KHQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=34ALW77GL46H2&keywords=ceramic+paint+coating&qid=1687697468&sprefix=ceramic+paint+coating%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-3

No pics remaining of the original 20x24 garage but this is the current status of the new 30x50. The Amish don't fool around! They arrived at 7:30 today, had footers ready and surface leveled by noon. 1st truck showed up at 12:30.
IMG_7096.jpg

Got a new rock picker attachment for the Bobcat

1688047699420.png

Picked some rock...

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh