What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Looks like a lot of weight to support, plus it'll be even noisier up there than on the floor since it can get everything to resonate. It'll also make the compressor run hotter and the air warmer (and wetter) in the summer.

If you have room, a little compressor shed attached to the exterior of the shop would be my choice.
Good points. I'm still on the fence with the idea and it's great to get another opinion, thanks.

Got the rear seal and oil pump freshened up, and put the clutch back in my 73 toaster today.
1650586868091.jpeg

Good excuse for an aftermarket head, and bump the compression.

Is it a 300.

I am going to try a new stock head. Make sure there is not another problem elsewhere. It is a 250 and once it quits leaking, I might try a higher comp head.

I have a complete 300 top end sitting on the shelf but I did not like it much.

I did a little experiment with my new router. Trying to flatten some rough cut 30" cut offs. I made this just as an experiment. I did not even have the right bit. Still, for a first try it looks like I have the right basics.

skKySP.jpg
QK5YPr.jpg
SZDioA.jpg
47H3B3.jpg
pJULct.jpg
4a1stH.jpg
ueVLXM.jpg
1XIH9h.jpg
Now make a simple shroud for the router and connect a shop vac to it,Make sure to empty the vac after use (or ground the vac hose)

A bit dramatic ^ above but solid info.A good explanation for why you should collect dust.
On a smaller scale , Sawdust running through a pic pipe (or ABS) can cause static electricity and possibly sparks. which can cause the sawdust in the shopvac to ignite.. We call it "Lava" because it rarely flames but smolders for hours and is hard to put out .It will destroy the vac and if dumped into a container (garbage can or dumpster) will start the contents on fire. Emptying the vac canister after use is a good practice if you don't or can't ground . fire is an extremely rare occurrence but happens and is a real risk
Grounding the hose will neutralize the static

I despairingly stared at my /5, still split in half, which I haven't been able to touch for the last 3 weeks due to new job and the rehab/selling of my MIL's house.. :baldy

Genuinely wish i did not have to post this but in my garage today (Well the lean too Machine shop on the side of my garage) i was clearing Rat SH*t out of the tool tray on the headstock of my WW2 lease Lend Hendey 12x 30 gearhead lathe (Torrington Coneticut). I have been poisoning rats last few days i saw one Tuesday night in there and luckily shot it at about 6feet behind my metal sharper with my crossman 2240 co2 pistol.
Nightmare i have spent £30 on poison and they have eaten the lot. I think they are land side of the River bank and when they did some bank re enforcement in the 1930s My gradfather said they use coal ash from a power station in newcastle and rats seen to love it in there and feed off the ducks feed and any food round the horses.

I contemplated.:hmmmmm

My old air compressor has served me well but is getting tired and gets overwhelmed sometimes.
1650275535824.png

I have a larger well used 1953 DeVilbiss ready to go but my shop floor space is at a premium and I'm thinking about hoisting it up into the rafters.
1650275732668.png

I have chain and a come along and I just need a pulley and I think that I can hoist it up there.
1650275863622.png

Am I crazy? What do y'all think?
How about outside with a small lean to shelter.. not a fan of the rafter plan

How about outside with a small lean to shelter.. not a fan of the rafter plan

Who wants to listen to that cycle on and off? I have compressor in a shed outside the garage. I can faintly hear it inside the garage. Its also on a one hour timer so its impossible to forget to turn off the compressor. I have yet to put an auto drain on it. Maybe in the future.

There are a lot of DIY bucket rat trap designs. It sounds like you could make use of the volume. I haven't used oe and he is providing a wealth of ideas to all who have a rodent problem. rablne, but the spinning type look effective. A taller bucket with a lid/guard to keep a rat from jumping out should be effective.

That mouse trap Monday fellow is an inspiration his dedication to controlling pests is admirable and his chanel is a wealth of information to all who have rat and mouse issues. thanks for posting.

Swapping tcase for hopefully the last time. I'll burn this fkn thing to the ground before I pull this damn case again. 4th times a charm right?
Non functioning np242 swapped out for unknown condition np231.

Didn't realize I was outtah ATF in the shop so can't finish tonight. Oh well, it's in.
IMG_20220531_173112_147.jpg

City dweller here with no garage. I'm fortunate enough to have space out back for off-street parking and wrenching. Hopefully we can accept 'garage' as a concept instead of physical thing. :-)

So I replaced the short-lived Yuasa battery with a featherweight lithium ion battery. Being my first lithium ion battery I'm curious to see how it'll do. Right off the bat I'm impressed by the light weight - it's a fraction of the Yuasa. :thumbup

Top Bottom Back Refresh