What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Put all my outdoor potted plants in the garage and workshop. It was 19° last night and will be 25° tonight. Then OK after that. :baldy

Took inventory of what what spare parts I have for the CRF, filters, etc.

Made me a list of what I need to order in.

I'm consolidating most of my spares & tools in a small top box. I figure it's the right size, and will be nicer in the truck than having everything chucked in a bin.
Good idea,

i have new 13T,14T, 51T,52T,53T sprockets and rimlocks on wallboard pegs, a case of tubes, more tires than I can count, and shit ton of bolts, orings, filters, CS seal kit, fuel filters, several chains etc etc etc everywhere

It seems like i got parts, for several bikes, all over.

Last edited:
V- Strom is up for sale, all spare parts go with.

Finished installing and breaking in my newly rebuilt 951 for my '99 Seadoo GTX Limited. Love this thing! Was going to lake test it but the DNR said Lanier's water was 42 degrees. A LITTLE too cold to stand in right now.

Put the summer tires on the Mrs' whip and washed those up. Washed my first big boy bike and am gonna list it on Marketplace. I might get the Super Tenere washed yet after lunch.

Gotta love 50 degrees and sun.
PXL_20220410_165048399.jpg

looked around the shop, trying to find a perfect spot to put a lathe

Building screens. For reasons that I can not figure out, tenants seem to take them out and they disappear.

038E222F-47C5-46CD-BE04-B172A9CE22A6.jpeg

Fuking Yamaha’s, man
Finished the fork rebuild, front wheel on. This damn thing is getting off my lift this week.
Sadly after the yammi, it’s VFR800 games.
Glad my shit doesn’t need lift time.
FB59B817-2FD3-4097-BF3B-516D205C75A9.jpeg
JohnQ that is a fine looking "shop foreman" you have there

Reactions: MVI
I contemplated.:hmmmmm

My old air compressor has served me well but is getting tired and gets overwhelmed sometimes.
1650275535824.png

I have a larger well used 1953 DeVilbiss ready to go but my shop floor space is at a premium and I'm thinking about hoisting it up into the rafters.
1650275732668.png

I have chain and a come along and I just need a pulley and I think that I can hoist it up there.
1650275863622.png

Am I crazy? What do y'all think?

I contemplated.:hmmmmm

My old air compressor has served me well but is getting tired and gets overwhelmed sometimes.
1650275535824.png

I have a larger well used 1953 DeVilbiss ready to go but my shop floor space is at a premium and I'm thinking about hoisting it up into the rafters.
1650275732668.png

I have chain and a come along and I just need a pulley and I think that I can hoist it up there.
1650275863622.png

Am I crazy? What do y'all think?
You might BE crazy, but I kinda like the idea. I wish mine was up and out of the way but my garage attic has some massive insulation the original owner put in place and you have to walk hunched over while up there. The upside is it's always 8° to 10° cooler in my garage even in Florida summers. Your first compressor picture reminds me of the one I gave away when we moved to where we are now. My father left me a newer better one and when we moved and consolidated everything from his garage, I gave the one my Dad and I bought together when I was in high school ("you're making side money out of this garage now and we need a new compressor, so you have to split the cost with me" - it was $230 new from Sears and it lasted 45 years) to a friend who helped me move the garage stuff. You don't get that kind of value very often anymore

Still working on getting some expanded steel grates to make a base, but washed a couple bikes with my new bike wash station.

Night before the ride, and day after the ride

20220415_202418.jpg
20220417_094849.jpg

I know a guy who made a washing deck for bikes. He used 2x4 lumber stood on edge. Spaced about 3/4” apart. There is a single 6x6 post in the middle to place the bike on. The expanded steel is probably better but you could balance that against the cost of some lumber.

I know a guy who made a washing deck for bikes. He used 2x4 lumber stood on edge. Spaced about 3/4” apart. There is a single 6x6 post in the middle to place the bike on. The expanded steel is probably better but you could balance that against the cost of some lumber.
These days steel is probably cheaper! :(

I was initially thinking about a wood deck too, but really wanted a nice heavy duty grate so the dirt washes right through. I am going to dig down a few inches and put a pond liner in the bottom so i can separate out the sediment from the runnoff. Hopefully only have to lift off the mesh once a year to shovel it out.

I was initially thinking about a wood deck too, but really wanted a nice heavy duty grate so the dirt washes right through. I am going to dig down a few inches and put a pond liner in the bottom so i can separate out the sediment from the runnoff. Hopefully only have to lift off the mesh once a year to shovel it out.

Some type of utility trailer with a expanded steel deck would work really well for this. Then you can just move the trailer when it is time to scoop the sediment out. Once you price out the steel to make this wash station and then assign some type of value to your labor. A $1000 trailer might not be out of line.

Got the trailer project to a point where I can use it now. Still need to replace the wonky jack, add the tilt ram (which the current jack blocks), some more tie downs/headache bar up front, finish the passenger fender inner piece, and replace the coupler (just because it is old). Plus some more rattle can paint as that old silver paint really wants to poke through. I have a crate at work that needs moved tomorrow so that was my deadline. Went and got the tags today.

20220416_193416-L.jpg

20220418_165539-XL.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh