What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Just remembered I got one of these because my really junky ones kept overcrimping and breaking terminals. Probably could get different jaws for different crimp types. This one sure works a treat. It also helps to not buy amazon grade terminals- go for the $$ sets from mcmaster or equivalent- the terminals are made of better steel and they crimp a good bit more cleanly also.

klein.png
I don't know why I can't find dies for this tool.

MVI - Take a look at the Klein VDV200-010 at the bottom of the left page, and its dies at the top right. It may be that Klein decided to promote the VDV200 with more dies and drop dies for the other model. It doesn't seem to make sense to produce both tools, and the dies aren't interchangeable.

Amazon has it, and the associated dies are listed at the bottom of the page. If you get one, it's easy to test how well the crimps hold, and cross cut one to see if it's doing a good job of fusing the strands together.

This will get you most of what you want. The insulated dies may work with heat shrink terminals, but they aren't the same as dies made specifically for heat shrink terminals. OT/UT terminals will require something else.

1709688430507.png

1709688469432.png

Last edited:
Looks like I will need to replace the fork seals. The leaking stopped a little bit after cleaning them out. Not sure what I'm going to hang my bike on while the forks are out and taken apart.

Hope your procedure goes smoothly for you 🤞

Yeah, working with a friend makes any job seem so much better. Something about that
Thanks, it was definitely less trauma than the previous septoplasty. Minor pain in my molars afterwards from nerve irritation and bleeding pretty much stopped by noon. My throat is sore from being intubated, so far that's the most lingering discomfort. Dr. said he didn't see anything to be alarmed about but sent tissue to pathology since the polyps didn't shrink after a year of using Dupixent injections every other week.

Most importantly, I could already tell improvement even in the recovery room with gauze taped over my nostrils.

They used a dissolvable gel in the cavities rather than packing with gauze, I go back in next Tuesday for a follow up and vacuuming out any remaining junk.

Way to take a 45 minute job to 90. I changed the fuel filter and sock today. It was pretty straight forward:

Mark for orientation, then open:

[IMG]
[IMG]

Pull out and disconnect the vent lines. Note that I marked the top one with a ziptie so I know which is which for assembly. If you do it wrong you end up sending drain water from around the fuel cap into the carbon canister, which ruins it.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Then pull the pump and filter all the way out. Make a note of the filter orientation/direction and lay out the replacement.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Remove the factory Oetiker clamps. Beemer Boneyard supplies proper FI clamps with the filter. They also give replacement quick disconnect O-rings:

[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Reassemble and done.

Austin, is this something being done by ADVbikes?
It's technically being added by Xenforo, but basically ADVbikes. The site makes some commission from sales where the buyer follows a link from here to Amazon and makes a purchase. It's not much but it's a baby step to the goal of getting enough traffic sent that way to be able to open up a ADVBikes Amazon Store where we can add bike/trailer/camping/nav/whatever accessories. That tag line started appearing after an update where they, for some rookie reason, decided to add that feature and auto enable it for everybody. Dev 101 ... you don't do that kinda shit.

It's technically being added by Xenforo, but basically ADVbikes. The site makes some commission from sales where the buyer follows a link from here to Amazon and makes a purchase. It's not much but it's a baby step to the goal of getting enough traffic sent that way to be able to open up a ADVBikes Amazon Store where we can add bike/trailer/camping/nav/whatever accessories. That tag line started appearing after an update where they, for some rookie reason, decided to add that feature and auto enable it for everybody. Dev 101 ... you don't do that kinda shit.
Thanks.

Can you alter the line? I'd rather it said something about ADVbikes being an Amazon affiliate. As it stands, it looks like a member is somehow involved - past posting an Amazon link.

Thanks, it was definitely less trauma than the previous septoplasty. Minor pain in my molars afterwards from nerve irritation and bleeding pretty much stopped by noon. My throat is sore from being intubated, so far that's the most lingering discomfort. Dr. said he didn't see anything to be alarmed about but sent tissue to pathology since the polyps didn't shrink after a year of using Dupixent injections every other week.

Most importantly, I could already tell improvement even in the recovery room with gauze taped over my nostrils.

They used a dissolvable gel in the cavities rather than packing with gauze, I go back in next Tuesday for a follow up and vacuuming out any remaining junk.
Good news! And thanks for the update...I think?😁 I've never had a medical procedure other than stitches. Whenever I read something like this I'm fascinated ( like the dissolvable gels stuff) and a little nervous of what is in my future.

Top Bottom Back Refresh