What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

It's technically being added by Xenforo, but basically ADVbikes. The site makes some commission from sales where the buyer follows a link from here to Amazon and makes a purchase. It's not much but it's a baby step to the goal of getting enough traffic sent that way to be able to open up a ADVBikes Amazon Store where we can add bike/trailer/camping/nav/whatever accessories.
That's nice. Since that's the case would it be ethical to promote this?

What if I started a thread "Amazing Deals" that members kept updated with their recent finds to intentionally make the best of this? It's not scammy if we do it, it helps members find deals and helps the site. I'm seeing all upsides here

That's nice. Since that's the case would it be ethical to promote this?

What if I started a thread "Amazing Deals" that members kept updated with their recent finds to intentionally make the best of this? It's not scammy if we do it, it helps members find deals and helps the site. I'm seeing all upsides here
It's never been my style to ask that sort of thing but I do appreciate the offer. The more traffic we can send that way the better. Appreciate it! :beer

hol'up. now this post confuses me even more.

or is that link at the bottom his signature?
If you're referring to the circled, that's a sig line with link.

1709759307235.png

The Amazon affiliate line is now gone, and a mouseover of the Amazon link now responds as the Good Lord Austin intended.

Bike developed a fork seal leak. Cleaned seals and forks. Hopefully it doesn't turn into something worse.
Not bad to replace. But I cleaned mine on a 2004 and the leak stopped. However the spring will swell from salt exposure and definitely leak sooner or later. Yours was probably just trash. Takes about 10-15yrs of salt belt and the seals are done on most bikes. I have coated the tubes with grease on 80s bikes..35yrs old with and got the leak to almost stop completely. Seal replacement is a fun job in a nice garage..... Find a moto guru local. Fried chicken and beer plus correct parts might get the seals replaced. Dampener bolt and copper crush washer should also be replaced.I might aneal the copper washer and reuse the bolt on my bike. But probably not on someone else's.

Not bad to replace. But I cleaned mine on a 2004 and the leak stopped. However the spring will swell from salt exposure and definitely leak sooner or later. Yours was probably just trash. Takes about 10-15yrs of salt belt and the seals are done on most bikes. I have coated the tubes with grease on 80s bikes..35yrs old with and got the leak to almost stop completely. Seal replacement is a fun job in a nice garage..... Find a moto guru local. Fried chicken and beer plus correct parts might get the seals replaced. Dampener bolt and copper crush washer should also be replaced.I might aneal the copper washer and reuse the bolt on my bike. But probably not on someone else's.
There was a bunch of gunk in the seals. I might have gotten most of it out but not all of it. The leak is down to a few droplets per 1hr ride. It's an improvement over seeing oil flowing down the forks.

If you're referring to the circled, that's a sig line with link.

1709759307235.png

The Amazon affiliate line is now gone, and a mouseover of the Amazon link now responds as the Good Lord Austin intended.
Ah ha. I clicked that and thought Austin linked the Amazon ad thing to that. haha

Good news! And thanks for the update...I think?😁 I've never had a medical procedure other than stitches. Whenever I read something like this I'm fascinated ( like the dissolvable gels stuff) and a little nervous of what is in my future.
I'll refrain from details on today's use of the Neti Pot for moisturization purposes!

However, I feel pretty solid. No pain (haven't taken any of the prescribed pain pills at all) and I went too the tax office and county court house this morning, no need for gauze or anything. Installed the Mosko Reckless 40 on my DesertX since I had it on the lift already (bending over is a big no-no at this point). Kid came over and we talked bikes for awhile, he's having crankshaft position issues with his Yamaha cruiser so I suspect it will come over to borrow the lift for easier troubleshooting.

Buying new milk crates feels as unnatural as buying five gallon buckets or dogs. You never searched those things out, they just showed up in your life somehow.
I'm buying 5gal buckets right now for maple season. ~$12 each for bucket and lid. sucks.

I'm buying 5gal buckets right now for maple season. ~$12 each for bucket and lid. sucks.
Jealous. Would love to tap some maple trees but they're not very common here. I wonder what's it's like if you tap other types of trees?

Any reason you are not looking at Harbor Freight 5 gallon buckets? They are less than $5 without lids every day. Lids are $2.78 every day. You can often find all kinds of deals on these during a sale. I am just curious if you know of something negative about them....

Any reason you are not looking at Harbor Freight 5 gallon buckets? They are less than $5 without lids every day. Lids are $2.78 every day. You can often find all kinds of deals on these during a sale. I am just curious if you know of something negative about them....
Never considered them to be honest.

jfghjgfdhdgf.png

Suppose you're right. If it ends up I needing more, I'll get ten. Not crazy amount of savings, but its something.

Hey, that makes good booze, don't it? 😁

Not many pines on our property. Lots of oak and poplar. In my brain poplar seems like a reasonable substitute, but I have no reason to think that.
I had to look it up..birch and walnut? Confusing because we treat walnut saw dust like poison. I think I would try birch.

I had to look it up..birch and walnut? Confusing because we treat walnut saw dust like poison. I think I would try birch.
It is interesting. Sone research says walnut syrup is sought after, but y'all treat it as poison? We purposefully use oak for flavor in whiskey making, but oak can be toxic to some birds.

Apparently people make syrup from hickory and yellow poplar, but not by collecting the sap. Instead you toast the bark then distilled it down. Strange

Top Bottom Back Refresh