What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Repaired a door some bonehead backed into

Lower pipe was bent

Move along , nothing to see here, nothing sketchy at all

PXL_20240318_212127222.jpg

Had it apart to troubleshoot coolant leak, deep clean, oil change,air filter change. Can Am introduced a quick oil change kit that didn’t require dismantling the left side of the unit to change oil. I had the mirrors off anyway to install Monster Magnets so, off came the Tupperware. Had to remove right side panels as well to examine cooling system. Pics and explanation of magnets upon request.
David

Had it apart to troubleshoot coolant leak, deep clean, oil change,air filter change. Can Am introduced a quick oil change kit that didn’t require dismantling the left side of the unit to change oil. I had the mirrors off anyway to install Monster Magnets so, off came the Tupperware. Had to remove right side panels as well to examine cooling system. Pics and explanation of magnets upon request.
David
That's awesome. I'm curious about the magnets... requesting pics and explanation please. :D

Monster Magnets, Magic Mirrors are a way to attach Spyder mirrors magnetically. Why? Because to do just about anything in depth on mine, (an RTS) the mirrors will come off. Furthermore, it does away with mirror shake and breakable parts. From my understanding, some European bikes use a similar scheme to attach parts, a pin and a wire spring. With factory components in place, mild violence is necessary to unseat the pins from the springs in the mirrors,which can and will lead to eventual breakage. We have all done it. First picture is the spring and pin system. IMG_0228.jpeg
Next picture hopefully explains where the plastic plates were ,now replaced with steel. IMG_0225.jpeg
On the bike side, magnets go where the pins were, and grab onto the steel plates on the mirrors. IMG_0227.jpeg
Electrical connector is for the turn signal in the mirror housing. No move vibrating mirrors, much easer mirror removal and reattachment. Make sense so far? Good.
David

Went over motorcycle controls with my Fiance on the ST1300. She's scheduled for the motorcycle course in June, and she's nervous about the controls and clutch work. She wants to be familiar with how the controls work, even though they will go over that in the course. Happy to keep her excitement going.

Need to clear up some space for another bike in a couple months :)

Top Bottom Back Refresh