What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

Shinyribs, is this somebody you know in them thar woods?
200.gif

Finished putting the fairing back on the ST1300. Didn't notice when I was testing it, but the voltage meter is no longer working. Was focused on the gps mount power.

Also got my foot caught in the foot pump for the lift while getting the bike down, and I ended up dropping the bike off the lift. Frustrating. Somehow, luckily, only the lower cowl and mirror housing broke. Also, most luckily I got my foot out of where it was stuck and my ankle didn't get broken.

After that I changed the rear brake pads and bled the rear brakes on the new to me R1100GS. There was a massive bubble and the pedal was going to the proverbial floor. Taking the tank off in 5 minutes is a stark difference from the ST.
1000028864.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a possible hazard with those lifts?
The foot pedals doo stick out a bit. I always slide them out after the bike is up or off the lift.

Another thing that I love doing, is walking into the corners of it. I must do it ten times a session when I have a bike up on the rack. I have punctures in all my work pants from doing that.

But having a lift completely changes my ability to work on stuff. I always have something up on it. Put my kid's Z50 on it over the weekend. I did the carb and brakes on it and he changed his oil in it. No more laying on the ground working on stuff.

Taking the pedals off is a great idea. I should do that and prevent further risk.
I wish I had the old childproofing stuff for the corners. It never seems worth it to do something about the corners until you walk into one.

Finished putting the fairing back on the ST1300. Didn't notice when I was testing it, but the voltage meter is no longer working. Was focused on the gps mount power.

Also got my foot caught in the foot pump for the lift while getting the bike down, and I ended up dropping the bike off the lift. Frustrating. Somehow, luckily, only the lower cowl and mirror housing broke. Also, most luckily I got my foot out of where it was stuck and my ankle didn't get broken.

After that I changed the rear brake pads and bled the rear brakes on the new to me R1100GS. There was a massive bubble and the pedal was going to the proverbial floor. Taking the tank off in 5 minutes is a stark difference from the ST.
1000028864.jpg
That sucks, but glad it wasn't worse. I keep the heavy bikes strapped on until I get the lift back down. Not that they need it, but I bolted mine to the floor. They're not going to tip over unless you try, but accidents happen and anything to be extra careful can't hurt

That sucks, but glad it wasn't worse. I keep the heavy bikes strapped on until I get the lift back down. Not that they need it, but I bolted mine to the floor. They're not going to tip over unless you try, but accidents happen and anything to be extra careful can't hurt
Unfortunately this happened after I took the straps off. I tried to get it off the lift alone.

Top Bottom Back Refresh