What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

I put one of these together today.

If anyone wants a miter saw stand, this is a surprisingly good one. Strong, stable, easy to move, lots of small details included like a leveling foot. My only complaint is that the hardware is slightly cheesy, but that goes for most things.

When I get a cold saw, I'll buy a second set of mounting rails so I can run either saw on it.

1714105948804.png
I bought a Milwaukee cold saw years ago and gave it away to a buddy. He never used it much either. It's still got it original blade 10+ yeah later. Everybody hates running that saw. I thought I'd like the lack of noise and sparks. It throws hot chips EVERYWHERE. Down your shirt, all over your arms. Man, I hated that thing. Always trying to stand in some weird contorted way that you're not getting burnt. Popping ear muffs on real quick to run the grit blade saw was easier than face shield, gloves, jacket. I truly hated that saw. First day using it I had little burn scabs all up and down my firearms. Looked like a meth head. 😁 Grit blade ftw baby

I bought a Milwaukee cold saw years ago and gave it away to a buddy. He never used it much either. It's still got it original blade 10+ yeah later. Everybody hates running that saw. I thought I'd like the lack of noise and sparks. It throws hot chips EVERYWHERE. Down your shirt, all over your arms. Man, I hated that thing. Always trying to stand in some weird contorted way that you're not getting burnt. Popping ear muffs on real quick to run the grit blade saw was easier than face shield, gloves, jacket. I truly hated that saw. First day using it I had little burn scabs all up and down my firearms. Looked like a meth head. 😁 Grit blade ftw baby
Maybe Milwaukee hadn't realized that a proper guard was necessary.

Modern cold saws with a good guard don't run as clean as a wood saw with dust extraction, but they're a lot cleaner than any hot saw I've used.

Whenever I use my chop saw I have an unusual posture that shields my genitals from a possible abrasive wheel explosion. I’ve never had it happen but I always think of using my Dremel when I was a kid and the little cutoff disc would come apart. One second it was there and the next second it was gone and the RPMs suddenly increased. :lol2

Maybe Milwaukee hadn't realized that a proper guard was necessary.

Modern cold saws with a good guard don't run as clean as a wood saw with dust extraction, but they're a lot cleaner than any hot saw I've used.
You're right, things have probably improved. Maybe even just the blade geometry matters.

I have a running history of bad luck with Milwaukee tools and that might have colored my opinion as well

Knot mine, its a side hussle to pay for the new pickup. All i need is about 2000 more 2 stroke repair jobs and the truck will be paid for.

Seriously, this thing is a 2011 model and is beat, high mileage if it were a bike.
The Echo is well made, easy to service, quality torx fasteners is a plus. in 2011 they made nice product. if i ever need one, I'd consider one

Top Bottom Back Refresh