What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

it could be worse, you could have bought an Audi, those are real 'create new words' kind of fun. Celebrate with a beverage and enjoy the win.
With a Haldex drivetrain, he kind of did. :photog

woods, is the plan to pull the pump and hand it off for a rebuild (I think you mentioned that option), or are you buying a reman?

With a Haldex drivetrain, he kind of did. :photog

woods, is the plan to pull the pump and hand it off for a rebuild (I think you mentioned that option), or are you buying a reman?
When the new fluid arrives, I'll fill the system, which has new filter, cleaned up the pressure valve, everything goes back together. I drive to work.

From here, two things can happen.

One, which I'm hoping for, filter, cleaned valve, and a bit of new fluid was all that was needed. The filter was solid. Completely mucked up. If that was enough, return the $450 motor I ordered. Run it. The motor is a genuine Volvo part.

Or two, light still kicks on, and is in fact the motor. damnit. hand the new motor and keys to the local kid. He can remove the last three bolts on the d/s, drop the carrier, remove the pinion, and hope the two bolts holding the motor in don't snap or strip out. He replaces motor, and call it a day.

Sucks because I'm having this internal conflict with myself. I've got the shop going up this year, but here I am kicking the car off to someone else to deal with when I should be doing it. This is the type of work I'll need to expect to do when the shop is up. Just sucks when its the daily and I'm on my back on the concrete in 40º temps.

If it's hosed, your options are limited. Fix it now or park it until the shop is up, and that's months away. For what it's worth, I think you're on the best path.

If it's not too much trouble, cleaning it out again after some run time might make a difference.

Its been a fun day, minus my rotator cuff is killing me

1713745235343.png

good use of ss p clamps

1713745280836.png

1713745324903.png

1713747022376.png

Now that I look at this, I might take the fairlead off and Machine the "WARN hump" off of it, as it is a "tell" the instal is not symmetric

1713746942840.png

I wasn't going to mention it, but now that you have, it's unsightly.

Better relocate the blue oval, too.

I just got back from a vacation in Arizona, the rental car was a Audi A6. It was a nice car and pleasant to drive. The modern annoyances weren't as obnoxious as some and the bluetooth/android integration was a lot better than many. Power and handling were fine, mpg was interestingly good, but I got distinct vibe that it would be <very> expensive to fix and maintain. So I'd say the best Audi for me to have is a rental.

I’m stuck. I’m trying to replace the counter shaft seal and I can’t get it out.

Am I supposed to remove the metal sleeve first that is between the shaft and the seal?

IMG_7745.jpeg

I’m stuck. I’m trying to replace the counter shaft seal and I can’t get it out.

Am I supposed to remove the metal sleeve first that is between the shaft and the seal?

IMG_7745.jpeg
I don't know which bike this is, but yes. Looks identical to the KTM's I'm used to and you should pull that collar before going after the seal.

Sorry. That would have been helpful info.

‘21 KLX300. I can’t get the collar to budge.

Glad my house and garage survived a storm we had on Thursday evening. I had just come home on the DesertX and wind was picking up, got in the house, fed cats, and just wrestled my boots off when a weather-spotter friend called and said heavy wind were headed my way. She wasn't kidding! Within 5 minutes I heard it really pick up, coming out of the West/south-west, then my roof started creaking, lights went out, and something hit the porch roof. Another 2 minutes and it was over, nothing more than rain after that. I stepped out into the dark and checked to see if the new garage was still standing, then went in and sat in the dark for 2 hours.

Friday morning I found a small limb from the Pecan tree on my porch roof, not even wrist sized, and a few larger limbs from a dead Ash tree were in the driveway about 200 feet from all the structures. Across the lake, a neighbor had lost 3 fairly large trees but nothing hit their home. Around noon I drove into town and saw why my power went out, a small commercial building about 1/4 mile west of me had lost its roof and debris was on both sides of U.S. 45, a pole had been snapped off in the process.

The lake sits a bit below the highway of course but I'm still shocked I didn't have any real damage.
IMG_8485.jpg IMG_8483.jpg

Last night, I parked my new-to-me ST1300 in the garage!
IMG_8490.jpg

You also might try giving that sleeve a few taps (perpendicular to the shaft) to break it free. Nothing terribly violent, but enough of an impact to dislodge the rust and crud holding it fast.

Top Bottom Back Refresh