What's new

What did you do in your garage today?

That's not him, ya know? I think Shinyribs is pretty smart.

I'm just kidding. I like "acting" like I'm the mental midget. :lol2

:hide
I have only known 2 riders to make homemade wind guards for cold hands. The other one was a crazy Ohio xt225 rider that used oil qt container cut in half....

Fairing back off the ST to hook up some more lighting. I had gotten individual bolts for some of the fairing, because I didn't want to figure out how to get generic bolts with the appropriate shoulder.
It turns out some of the bolts need to be different if you have the fairing that has a metal heat shield attached. I actually have the bolts I need for two of three, but not for the third hole. The last bolt actually doesn't need a shoulder do I should be able to pick something up at the hardware store. It's not really a big deal but I do hate having mismatched hardware for the fairing.

I've gotten fairing removal down under an hour, and I do love the protection on the highway, but boy do I hate working on faired bikes. I could have probably hooked the lights up in the hour that I had.

Really excited for more lighting, though.

Got in early enough to saw a couple logs and start framing the greenhouse. Ran out of nails with one rafter and one face board to go. Dang it! There ain't enough hours in a day.

IMG_20240416_184722777.jpg

IMG_20240416_183749192.jpg

Still no garage but today while the weather was good for painting I tore down the 21" wheel I mocked up for my RE Interceptor and painted the rim and hub, tonight I relaced and trued it too. Pics tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Putting my bike back together after a two and a half week turn around time from Ted Porter for the Traktive shock’s rebuild. Amazing fast service from them as it takes 5 days each way from Florida to California to ship items by UPS ground..
The shocks look brand new and should be good to go for another 44K miles…. :ricky They send all the old parts back too, so I’ll check them out later today..

Laced and trued up the wheel last night and found a minute to make a quick video of the wheel just as it started raining early this afternoon.

I placed the tire label so far from the spinning wheel hub on purpose, I wonder if it'll get more views? 3/5 of my youtube views are from India, sometime I'll start a video saying "Hello Guys" just to fit in with all of the other videos about Royal Enfields, but I kind of like posting without any dialog.

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one on the internet that is researching Haldex systems on AWD cars.

Ran Forscan on the wagon and the pump was between 80 and 200 kpa. Think it its supposed to be higher? I'm reading the DEM with the pressure switch can cause issues.

I read about this crap all day and head home to work on the car, only to have it raining out. Cars is parked out front and I'm not bothering with this in the rain. Maybe when I get home tonight I can at least get the third of the six bolts off the driveshaft. This stupid thing...

I must be getting old. I made the walk of shame on my lunch break to the local garage. Talked to the kid there about the Haldex system. Said wouldn't have an issue knocking it out. Price depends on how bad the rusted bolts are. I've got the $450 pump on the way. Be here next week. I think I'm just going to leave the wagon with him and let him deal with it. I'm so over laying in the mud with the generator running the welder to deal with this shit. With the shop I have coming, bring it on. But this whole laying on rocks in 4" of working space is bullshit. I'm over it.

Damn, Glad I dont live in the rust belt anymore. I dont miss working on Rust
It gets bad most times.

This kit:
416zWOyrnwL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Is my #1 set of tools. I won't do a job without them.

The wagon is getting quite crusty so I have a ~5 year plan on getting something else. Mechanically its fine, but it's getting quite soft. I need to make a roadtrip or something to get my next ride I think.

Top Bottom Back Refresh