What's new

What's for dinner? Or lunch? Breakfast?

Master chef #1 decided to thaw some Rock Fish we cought in Alaska, and air fried with gluten free breading from Louisiana Fish Fry

Homemade soy free , gluten free,
Tartar Sauce...

Delish

Screenshot_20240530-181849.png
Sounds a little to healthy...

So, do exotic deer taste the same as regular deer? Enquiring minds and all.
Depends on what they are fed vs wild.

We have wild exotics here, and if they eat sagebrush, they are not the best.
Same Story with Mule deer, they eat sagebrush, Whitetailed deer dont

Last edited:
Same with rabbits. Grain fed farm rabbits have more fat and are easier to skin, taste cleaner, etc. I was kidding a bit, because raising deer when so many areas have an abundance of wild deer is a different hobby.

They taste amazing too. :jkam Just ate one this morning. She used her normal cinnamon roll recipe, then swapped the raspberry filling for the cinnamon goo, made up a raspberry frosting with fresh berries and spread that on after baking. Here are some in process pics. Dough laid out and filling spread,(made with frozen raspberries).
rasp3.jpeg

After rolling it all up, cutting to size and placing in the baking dish.
rasp2.jpeg

Fresh out of the oven before frosting.
rasp1.jpeg

Another Simple Meal from a Simple Man.

I’m a sucker for Jack in the Box cheap tacos and Cook Out BBQ and make a pig of myself whenever we’re in NC. But the Carolina Vinegar BBQ Pork in the tubs is a very close second and I can get it here. A bit of Texas Pete to make it authentic and I’m good to go.

Now if I can just find a way to make those Jack in the Box 2 for .99 tacos. :dukegirl

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpeg
    IMG_1753.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom Back Refresh