What's new

Why are you here?

Why did you come to this forum?

• I was banned from ADV Rider

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • The VS takeover will ruin ADV Rider so I switched

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I'm still on ADV Rider and here as well.

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • What's ADV Rider? I just wandered in off the street

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
Despite the storm at the end (nothing to lose) my ADVr account was closed by request over T&Cs changing without notice or consent (twice!!!) and specifically seizure of content, the process taking me weeks, but VS couldn't even do their part of the closure right.

How did they “seize” anything from you? It would appear that you gave it to them voluntarily. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. If you don’t want it out there don’t post it on the internet.
100%

And they try to hang onto it. The first step in the process of account removal as I understood it required that I delete all of my posts. A maximum of 20 posts can be deleted per day...
If they didn't limit you and they piss off the community one day they'd have 1/2 their investment (pages in search engines) wiped away in a day. They do that hoping you get bored and stop. You should be able to put in a formal request to have it deleted.

You realize that your content, such as it is, is not protected here either, right? As a matter of fact, no public forum allows you full control of your content.
Vertically the case with VS. Here and on irate4x4 if you want to delete your shit go for it. There was one time somebody deleted all their threads but 1 in particular was loaded with good tech info. So I reached out to the member and asked if I could re-assign that thread to another member to keep it alive and it worked out which was cool.

Despite the storm at the end (nothing to lose) my ADVr account was closed by request over T&Cs changing without notice or consent (twice!!!) and specifically seizure of content, the process taking me weeks, but VS couldn't even do their part of the closure right.
to be completely transparent, our TOS changes ... a lot as well. It's 'living legal document' that I pay a 3rd party to keep up to date for all the changing internet law all over the world. So small tweaks or additions are always made without me knowing in the benefit of keeping the site on the up-n-up. If these Rules change though, I do make an announcement at the top. :beer

I'm still active on ADVr and see very few changes in the areas I hang out. I'm still there because I have so many friends there. I stay out of CSM because it's a complete shitshow. Yo Momma has changed but I don't spend a lot of time there. I don't look at the scooter girls thread there because the one here is much better and no way would I post anything on the scooter girls thread there. Sticking to the ride and bike related threads there I just don't see any issues.

As for the stuff I post, I know once I post it, I lose control of it but I just don't care. I posted it so others could see it and in the case of ride reports I want to be able to look back at my rides. It's not like my stuff is so good that I could make money off of it.

I'd like to see this forum grow and become more active but it seems to be staying about the same. If ADVr really shits the bed then a lot of people will bail and come here but that hasn't happened yet.

ADVr stopped the deletion of images. They can be removed from posts, but the direct link still existed.
When you post pics here it also links them in that forums album. Not sure if ADVr has an album but you could also try deleting them there as well. Not 100% but if there is no link to a pic it shouldn’t stick around.

It is not like my discontent was isolated. My understanding is you had your own issues and is why this site exists.
100%

ADVr stopped the deletion of images. They can be removed from posts, but the direct link still existed.
That's not true. I just tested it and was able to delete an image from their server. The cached page in Google still displays the text of the post and the image name but the image wasn't there.

Top Bottom Back Refresh