What's new

Why are you here?

Why did you come to this forum?

• I was banned from ADV Rider

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • The VS takeover will ruin ADV Rider so I switched

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I'm still on ADV Rider and here as well.

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • What's ADV Rider? I just wandered in off the street

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
My experience with ADV Rider over the past two years is that it is dominated by a few grumpy, old, extremely ignorant, close minded moderators that refuse to acknowledge any facts, reality or other viewpoints. If you express a view, even if it is verified in books, service manuals or Wikipedia, that they disagree with, they will insult, harass and degrade you.

The attitude there is very similar to another forum, Pratical Machinist, which is a forum for professional machine tool operators. Very little education, yet they shamelessly harass anybody with a modern or alternative or educated viewpoint.

I think these forums become outlets for lonely, old, grumpy, ignorant men who want to bully others.

Don't dare make statements on ADV Rider such as:
  • Modern fuel injection is better than a carb, especially for fuel efficiency and adjustment to altitude and temperature
  • Modern off road traction control and ABS are proven superior to 99% of humans
  • Stochiometric ratio is defined by the laws of physics and chemistry and is 14.7:1 for a gasoline engine burning air on earth. Stochiometric is neither rich nor lean, but exactly in between as the ideal ratio where all fuel and air is consumed in combustion.
  • Radial tires are usually better than bias ply tires, which is 1970s technology and hasn't been used in cars for 30 to 40 years
  • There is a compromise between traction and tire life, as softer rubber wears faster.
  • Aluminum and steel should use different tap drill diameters. All published tap charts and machining books describe using a slightly larger diameter drill for steel than aluminum. This is true except for very thin or soft steel.
Also, the site is shamelessly commercial, often advertising products and companies located in Russia. They do not allow any criticism of virtually any product for fear of disuading vendors from advertising. They delete posts they don't agree with, even if backed up with evidence and reason.

The mods strike me as bullies. After all, who would volunteer their time to moderate for a for profit corporation for little or no pay, other than somebody who receives satisfaction from the power trip?

I find there are some people still on ADV Rider who are knowledgeable and capable of evaluating other perspectives, but they get immediately drowned out by the ignorant loud mouths.
And we can make fat jokes.

Posted a T-Shirt with a cartoon dick, covered, saying "Cover me I'm going in". Three week ban.
And we've come full circle. ADVrider was formed, in part, as an escape from MRN (Mister Roger's Neighborhood) due to their total lack of any sense of humor or tolerance for anything beyond milque toast dialogue. Now ADVrider has become MRN....and so it goes....

And we've come full circle. ADVrider was formed, in part, as an escape from MRN (Mister Roger's Neighborhood) due to their total lack of any sense of humor or tolerance for anything beyond milque toast dialogue. Now ADVrider has become MRN....and so it goes....
Funny, I also posted that the day I was banned, in so many words.

The front page articles are too sensational for me. Which sets the tone for the site. I keep joking that it will be a sxs site before long. Advdriver..

It's funny. I've been over there since 2008. I didn't have any problems until about two years ago. Things that used to be OK, like Toxic Britney and Girls on Bikes, will get you banned. Things are much better over here. Let's hope they stay that way.

Attachments

• giphy (2).gif
    giphy (2).gif
    425.6 KB · Views: 5
I hope Cannonshot is banned here and any of the other adv sites. He can piss in his own sandbox all he wants.
nah, all are welcome. we're not going to ban you because we simply don't like you. just don't do stupid shit like post nips or lips and we're good. you find someone annoying or aggravating, use the ignore feature as intended.

You make a fat joke?
Ha, no, I posted a photo of "Keister Eggs" that were on a shelf at the Goodwill. Same device that people post all over facebook as "little Christmas trees". Good grief.

The shit that gets you banned over there is so random. I got months ago it for posting a couple of bald guys at a concert that looked like a bare ass. Sheesh.

Ha, no, I posted a photo of "Keister Eggs" that were on a shelf at the Goodwill. Same device that people post all over facebook as "little Christmas trees". Good grief.

The shit that gets you banned over there is so random. I got months ago it for posting a couple of bald guys at a concert that looked like a bare ass. Sheesh.
:lol2 Handing out bans from the interpretation of images is just silly. I see dirty stuff in almost every picture. :D

SI.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh