What's new

Bicycle thread

I'm wondering if your holiday at high altitude had a cumulative effect. Italy is much lower than anywhere in Colorado(?). Your visits to those high altitudes are going to be among the highest roads in Italy and any visits to altitude are only temporary. I think you'll be okay.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The gene pool just keeps getting weaker! :dunno

Last edited:
This week mostly relaxed 2.5 group rides with 3-3.5 climbs 90-100km. Nothing too strenuous. More social. A large group of girls are still burning up the boards. Almost daily track sessions for fun. Gym is in the "pit" at one end of the track so even that tends towards social track session.

And I see you have Mongo and his (not my) queen back. So far it looks like he is staying on his medication, but give him a minute! :imaposer

Last edited:
I got two hours on the bicycle in yesterday. Today I woke up at 5am, then tried to sleep until my alarm at 6:30.

Didn't work.

After we got Oggy some breakfast we walked him home so his mom could put him on the bus. Well, we danced, skipped and jogged to his house. My morning workout.
And since we were that far, I talked Lois into a walk over to Del Mar. She hadn't eaten any breakfast, I was hungry but I didn't catch the drift so we skipped the bakery. I had to eat when I got home after we walked down to the beach and the mile home from there.

From yesterday,
IMG_4389-X2.jpg

Not really riding at all, work sucked the enjoyment out of life - so now my weekend mornings are spent applying for jobs.

Not really riding at all, work sucked the enjoyment out of life - so now my weekend mornings are spent applying for jobs.

That is unfortunate.

Good luck with your job search...

Bike lights and head unit all charged up for tomorrow riding. I took a short suspension testing ride on my 990R. this morning and saw actual pedal bicycles being ridden. I was beginning to think they were a vanishing species. Mid 90's inland so I never stopped for any glamour shots of the old nail.

I was talking/texting with a friend yesterday about bicycles and dream bicycles. This Roubaix is set up exactly how I want a bicycle. It is both comfy enough and sporty enough for my abilities. Since I really have not found what I thought I wanted, I figure I can put that up on the ignore this shelf and concentrate on wearing the old thing out.

Speaking of which, the rear tire is beginning to show signs of me riding the thing.

IMG_4420-X2.jpg

I found a section of three inches like this but never managed a better shot. Meh.

Swapped the front tire to the rear and new front.

IMG_4427-X2.jpg

IMG_4428-X2.jpg

All done.
IMG_4430-X2.jpg

Just quick enough the breeze-less shop was hot so I sweated through my shirt. Second time today.

That shower is going to feel good.

2:15 on the bike today. Only two people nearly got me with cars today. Not quite the record.
My usual route out to Antonio and Ortega and back, but with the climbs this time to skip the underpass construction mess.

Felt pretty good.
IMG_4437-X2.jpg

Bike lights and head unit all charged up for tomorrow riding. I took a short suspension testing ride on my 990R. this morning and saw actual pedal bicycles being ridden. I was beginning to think they were a vanishing species. Mid 90's inland so I never stopped for any glamour shots of the old nail.

I was talking/texting with a friend yesterday about bicycles and dream bicycles. This Roubaix is set up exactly how I want a bicycle. It is both comfy enough and sporty enough for my abilities. Since I really have not found what I thought I wanted, I figure I can put that up on the ignore this shelf and concentrate on wearing the old thing out.

Speaking of which, the rear tire is beginning to show signs of me riding the thing.

IMG_4420-X2.jpg

I found a section of three inches like this but never managed a better shot. Meh.

IMG_4427-X2.jpg

IMG_4428-X2.jpg

All done.
IMG_4430-X2.jpg

Just quick enough the breeze-less shop was hot so I sweated through my shirt. Second time today.

You are better than me... I ike the newest toys. Even my old K8 gets updated, currently 12s Super Record group and DT PRC1100 wheels. That bike is a favourite, more than latest F bikes (they are all F bikes now) and I based my steel and Ti experiments on the same. I've been riding a Wilier Filante for three years and that is close to a record.

This morning I poured myself into a longsie that looked like it was made for a toddler for a lake ride with a local group. Mostly fast trackies. 60km out and back in a little over an hour. Dogma F with a disk and 5 spoke built purely for speed. I got caught behind when half the group was gapped. I don't like to lose and hate being dropped and led a handful of riders into traffic and used the draft (and them) to get back. Fun ride.

Last edited:

IMG_4420-X2.jpg

IMG_4427-X2.jpg

IMG_4428-X2.jpg

All done.
IMG_4430-X2.jpg

That's a LOT of riding to wear a tire like that. I'm not sure I've ever worn a road bike tire down that much. It's an achievement!

Took a holiday weekend off of job searching, and a friend got me to head out to Jonathan Dickinson MTB trails to have some fun. It was nice, but three weeks without riding caught up to me.

His bike - inverted fork (yeah, like many of the better motorcycles we've all owned), carbon-fiber fork top, 27.5" tires. Mine... my 2005 Jamis that is still serving me well enough.

qQrilSt.jpg

Tall socks rolled down because I hit my shin pretty badly, and didn't want to soak the new sock with blood. But I should have gone with lower socks anyway for the cooling.

IMG_4452.jpeg
Why there is no NBD for me. At least it's all titanium, more Moots pricing than Surely. Hahaha
Ouch! I hate that shit.

My former boss says that he has a few nice cars in his mouth. Big time cigar smoker, so I have to wonder if that is what caused it.

Top Bottom Back Refresh