What's new

Bicycle thread

I have my eye on this, as an all-round/gravel restomod project, but I think they want too much for it. $1000 CAD seems steep, and I'm really only into the frame and fork and the fork I have mixed feeling about. I imagine it's pretty heavy.
Was the guy 6'8"? I couldn't even bend like that!!!
1647041318302.png

I have my eye on this, as an all-round/gravel restomod project, but I think they want too much for it. $1000 CAD seems steep, and I'm really only into the frame and fork and the fork I have mixed feeling about. I imagine it's pretty heavy.

Can you even get any parts for that fork anymore? We used to pull those off of bikes and replace them with more modern forks. The lowers are cast Magnesium. Pull the lowers and save them for a bonfire.

The rims/tires looks to be tubulars. I think those are too much work.

It is probably a sweet frame though.

Can you even get any parts for that fork anymore? We used to pull those off of bikes and replace them with more modern forks. The lowers are cast Magnesium. Pull the lowers and save them for a bonfire.

The rims/tires looks to be tubulars. I think those are too much work.

It is probably a sweet frame though.
The frame is built locally by Paul Brodie, he's a legend in these parts. That fork is the road going version of the Mag 21 right, supposedly used in the Paris-Roubaix race? That's the theme of the bike, a slightly longer wheelbase and a fork for the Paris-Roubaix descents.

Neat bike but 1k is to much. Plus time has moved on I’d rather a newer bike.

The frame is built locally by Paul Brodie, he's a legend in these parts. That fork is the road going version of the Mag 21 right, supposedly used in the Paris-Roubaix race? That's the theme of the bike, a slightly longer wheelbase and a fork for the Paris-Roubaix descents.

I am familiar with Brodie. It is a sweet frame but only if it really fits. The current owner seems to be too tall for it. I am guessing it is not the original owner, because of the seat height and the plastic inserts in the pedals.

It's a cool machine, the ex and I raced it a few times back in Onterrible. It came from a shop in North Vangroovy many moons ago. Still trying to get my current missus to ride it with me but she has trust issues.:lol3

It's the only bike I have that I can tour on too.

The 8 Ball was cool but I much preferred my Turners!

I'm addicted to his YouTube channel & would love one of his hard-tail steel MTBs.

Any advise for an entry level bike for a big rider to use? I'm gonna need something besides the rower for rehab.

Couple of online reviews says the Bonafide is ok

Schwinn Bonafide Mens Mountain Bike, Front Suspension, 24-Speed, 29-Inch Wheels, 17-Inch Aluminum Frame​

Any advise for an entry level bike for a big rider to use? I'm gonna need something besides the rower for rehab.

Couple of online reviews says the Bonafide is ok

Schwinn Bonafide Mens Mountain Bike, Front Suspension, 24-Speed, 29-Inch Wheels, 17-Inch Aluminum Frame​

If you’re going to ride off road/trails any bike shop quality hard tail mountain bike will work. If you are going to ride pavement and or gravel paths you may want to look at a hybrid bike.

I'm gonna need something besides the rower for rehab.
I broke my ankle in 2014 and had it plated. Did lots of my rehab riding my old road bicycle around. I found it very helpful seemed to really help with improving range of motion. Plus it was fun:-)

Reactions: EGR
If you’re going to ride off road/trails any bike shop quality hard tail mountain bike will work. If you are going to ride pavement and or gravel paths you may want to look at a hybrid bike.

Been told our hills are shit in Texas, so something that is comfy and I can pedal around town on the hundreds of miles of paved bike trails locally.

no off roading per se

but I do want 29" tires, and suspension of some sort

Been told our hills are shit in Texas, so something that is comfy and I can pedal around town on the hundreds of miles of paved bike trails locally.

no off roading per se

but I do want 29" tires, and suspension of some sort
IMO a hybrid is what you need. Don’t get hung up on suspension for the use you are describing it’s actually a disadvantage. Add to that as a Showa riding motorcyclist you will find the entry level bicycle suspension forks unbelievably crude. Most have no form of damping at all.

I think something like pictured below in a size that fits you well would be ideal.

43200A36-A799-4D67-9C67-1824A8CCA628.png

Appreciate the insight , and the post to check out giant.

any pedal bike that have the bars higher than the seat? looks totally rough on the back to be that far forward.

Top Bottom Back Refresh