What's new

Chinese made bikes

New CF Moto
14476502710_d0303bd836_b.jpg

I get it Mumphy but...a US investor created piranha. And the 190 stomps the fairground circuits. End of story. Fire up cnc and tax free manafacturing. Or best yet get rid of the inventory tax...alot to think about when I wanna rip a swamp or play beaver on a log pile. Best wishes...I love my harleys and will never sell my shovelhead. But my shovel doesn't weigh less than 200lbs with over 20 hp!

Basically....its the kids! Do you want them to ev or carb an rip. Who cares! ICE forever and ignore my standup lithium scooter posts..jeez

Mumhey you rock dude. But your
Huffy picture...hmm madison? ..pacific cycles.

I would take that bike and consume $1 a minute destroying every bike I owned on tight trails. Kinda hard reality from a last year shovel owner.. ya touring frame but can stomp a few with post war to new war bikes Ahh snag a ring or blow out a wheel at 35mph on a missed bunny hop.

I went to see an old friend Near Berwick Upon tweed this morning, he has been ill a long time with COPD ( Well we all told him smoking was a bad idea in the 70s).
He is a life long biker big into British bikes and anything kawasaki.
I got there 10AM and he was in the sun at the back of the house with what looked to be a Honda C90 sports from the late 60s at first glance, but it soon became evident it was newish.
"whats this " i asked, Turns out to be a new chinese or taiwan 125 slopy honderesque clone thats clasic 60s honda lookingish.
His Grandson had bought it from some woman in newcastle who has bought a fair few of them and is knocking them out in a crate for just short of £900.
His grandson had bought it because a couple of his mates had bought them for work bikes and knockabouts and he liked the look, so joined the party.
He went around in his van they loaded it in the back with the forklift and he dropped it off at his grandfathers to build it up for him, "wear the olduns out first as they say".
Was basic kick start sounded throaty and ran and ticked over fine, it was card , chris said it was lean on the mixture but he lifted the needle a notch and sanded the needle a bit at the bottom and it was not as lean at idle and the plug check on the road at speed was a nice brownish and it had better low end torque as a result.
Chris implied it was tame on power and about the same performance as a C90 sports but in a lower RPM sort of way but torque though better was not as good as you would think from a typical CG125 or GS125 and about like a CB100n in chrises words.
I did not ask for a ride but did have a good look around this bike it needed some fork yoke bolts swaping out the threads on some fittings were poor quality but oddly thev threads in the components were good. They had spent about £7 on bolts and a lighting loom that was plug and play single item had to be swapped out for individual bullet conectors and clear shieves , he did the same with all the ign conectors just in case and it was not reliable .
Chris said the stock tyres were terrible and he had ordered some continental tyres to replace the chinky offerings.
Interesting little bike, but chris was of the opinion his grandson had thrown away a grand when he could have bought a 90s yakawhonsu japanese sports bike 600 to 1000 and had a real bike in chries words.:lol2
Supose its down to what you want i see both sides for and against and given he wanted a small bike not a sports multi cylinder, and the price real clasic honda 90s fetch the clone 125 version is probably a little cheaper and certainly easier/ instant to find. you pays your money and takes your chance i kind of like the look and idea, but would i jump in and buy one? NO! sorry i am with chris there is more bike out there for your money even if they are20 to 30 years old. YOMV

Many prime time YouTube channels are reviewing the xr150l. One reason Chinese bikes sell well is the option of having a bike that was not sold before or it was sold a long time ago. If a US rider wants a DT230 engine, they can buy a new version but not the old lanza. The same for cg pushrod designs, only the new version exists.

The xr150l is the only sub 200cc full size bike from the big four. Plus it is Honda and gets a free pass on country of origin . But we all know it is really a Shinray bike from China assembled in Mexico. The Suzuki gsx250r is another example. A new rider doesn't have the choice to buy the Taiwan built gsxr125/150. Or a R125 built in Japan. But a new rider can easily source a used 600cc or liter bike from Japan.

The industry is on light speed. What bike can romp on an EGL300. Add cost and availability. Order the bike on a whim at night and wake and work the next week. Semi shows up and you become a kid with a lego/bike adventure. All the cable routing and wiring harness is perfected through 20 tries. Every connector is flooded or dielectric greased. The throttle tube is exactly perfect.

Shoddy dealer prep drives chinese/drop ship bike sales!... pay big money for a speed impact driven crap assembly. Basically a used bike or new bike from any manufacturer needs the same attention as a clone.

So which company produces an air cooled 4 stroke dual sport with fully adjustable suspension? Aka modern xr250r

If the chinese built an air cooled modern version of of yamaha it 2 stroke engines, every bike would sell. That is the paradox. Certain riders want a certain level of performance at a specific price.

The big 4 really let chassis designs become dated for the dualsport riders. But it is good and bad. The dated chassis were top of the line 30yrs ago and can have a plush ride. But at a premium when dealer markup is added to the final price. The dr and xr 650s are great bikes but at what cost?

1000s of bikes are sold at the same price to anyone is what wins this game. When one rider pays close to 9k for a ct125 while another rider pays a little over 4k, does someone feel cheated or have buyers remorse. I have read justification for these market swings, but I don't buy it. I bought under msrp on so many bikes for years and now 2-3k is "normal" added dealer fees. Even worse when a euro or jap bike is mostly chinese parts!...KTM, bmw, honda

Put a deposit down on the CFMOTO 450MT , March delivery, can't wait

Ticks many boxes and looks good. Pretty much exactly what a lot of people have been asking for in a lighter adv bike.

1703980861712.png

Ticks many boxes and looks good. Pretty much exactly what a lot of people have been asking for in a lighter adv bike.

1703980861712.png

It is and it will most probably deliver on its promise too, and given a friends three year experience with the WK Bikes / CF moto GT 650 so far its going to keep on keeping on.
Its not in question anymore if the Chinese can and do make bikes than can cut it or not its a known fact and well known too.
Sure the stigma and nagging doubt lurks there in the minds of the uninitiated and skeptics like myself i hasten to add, yet as the years and miles flick by its evermore difficult to justify such doubt and seemingly unjustified prejudice against these Chinese offerings. Its Now little more than personal choice and may or may not involve a persons thoughts or opinions on china and Chinese manufacturing, but the quality and survivorship of such bikes is now largely absolutely fit for task these days.
They are here now and they are doing it just fine it seems.

Top Bottom Back Refresh