What's new

Chinese made bikes

Since you guys have completely ruined this thread, its time for me to unsubscribe from it.
This thread was a loaded trap from the start. OP is a China bike owner and opened the conversation "how long til Chinese bikes are the bestest and CFMoto owns/builds most of KTM's junk".

I got no beef with CFMoto, but from the word GO this thread was " I bought a Chinese bike, so vindicate me."

Start a new one and be explicit about no politics.
Yes. Because politics, which effects every part of every persons everyday life in every corner of the world, needs to be kept out of everyday conversation.

Yes. Because politics, which effects every part of every persons everyday life in every corner of the world, needs to be kept out of everyday conversation.
It affects every part of life but shouldn't be part of everyday conversation?? That statement deserves to be in a wtf thread.

Ok. Let's get back on track. Maybe best bike in the world, but what are you going to do if you break down in Starke, Florida. You just can't go down the block and get the parts
What's your point?
I know nothing about Starke, Florida but if it's only a fairly small place with limited businesses, wouldn't the same issue also affect most other brands of bikes?

What's your point?
I know nothing about Starke, Florida but if it's only a fairly small place with limited businesses, wouldn't the same issue also affect most other brands of bikes?
Random small town. Harley or Honda and you're up and running pretty quickly. Not so much with a cf moto

Random small town. Harley or Honda and you're up and running pretty quickly. Not so much with a cf moto
I guess the demographics are perhaps a little different in the U.S. compared to Australia, but it seems to me the issue is pretty much the same and would affect 'most' other brands of bikes.
The smaller the town, the less chance of parts being available immediately.
Possibly you'd find that is an issue worldwide and for many brands, not just CFMOTO.
And it also depends on what part has failed, some things would be more general and carried by many places, others not so much.

From where I live in a small town in Western Queensland, Australia, the nearest Harley dealership is 7 hours away.
Nearest Honda dealership, 4 hours, then 7 hours to the next closest.
Suzuki, 1 hour, then 4 hours, then 7 hours.
Yamaha, 1 hour, then 4 hours, then 7 hours.
Nearest CFMOTO dealership, 1 hour away, then 7 hours away to where I bought mine from.

I have also noticed here in Australia that just because a dealership is in a high population area doesn't always mean they'll have the parts required, sometimes they can source them from elsewhere in the country, other times they have to import them from the manufacturer, and that's also a similar occurrence regardless of brand.

It affects every part of life but shouldn't be part of everyday conversation?? That statement deserves to be in a wtf thread.
Then you understand the point I was making. I'm not sure you caught the context. I was being sarcastic in response to what JimVonBoden said.

When conversations don't go the way some people want there's always a group that's acts like discussing politics need to be shut down. "This isn't going how I planned, so let's ban it." 😒

Then you understand the point I was making. I'm not sure you caught the context. I was being sarcastic in response to what JimVonBoden said.

When conversations don't go the way some people want there's always a group that's acts like discussing politics need to be shut down. "This isn't going how I planned, so let's ban it." 😒
I had nothing to do with this post going all CSM. Like I said, some people just can't have a discussion without bringing politics into it. I tend to avoid such sad people.

I had nothing to do with this post going all CSM
Thats not what I said. Not even a little bit, is it?

But when the discussion went a way that didn't suit you, and you couldn't control it , that's when you started advocating for burying the thread.

"Michael!!! Move this thread now!"

1okcwp.jpg

Thats not what I said. Not even a little bit, is it?

But when the discussion went a way that didn't suit you, and you couldn't control it , that's when you started advocating for burying the thread.

"Michael!!! Move this thread now!"

1okcwp.jpg
I never tried to control it, merely suggested it be moved to the appropriate place.

I did indeed miss the full context. I agree with you; well said. :thumb

Top Bottom Back Refresh