What's new

Chinese made bikes

Phones are available from South Korea, and very good, clothes from nearly anywhere, medicine also from many sources. Live your morality and don't make excuses.
What ever metro pcs has. I get a cheap android because I'm hard on phones

The issue I have as a rider with these threads is the discussion can turn anti motorcycle to some consumers. If a neighbor were to purchase a hawk 250 for a first bike do I talk politics or go ride a trail with the new rider. Bike choice discussions can be fun but not to the point of shrinking the riding population....unless I want to pick up used adv bikes cheap. So bash away..I might buy another harley or bmw dirt cheap. Aging riders selling bikes with no younger riders for me to compete with makes for a used bike market paradise.

There is almost nothing you "have to buy" from China.

How does that relate to what I said? :dunno
While there's nothing we "have to buy" from China, they "have to buy" everything, including basic food, to survive. It's a sad juxtaposition showing what some people have to do to get by while the people who don't "need" them are able to freely take advantage, or choose to overlook, the whole ordeal depending how it suits their finances. Everything is related. Some things can't be fixed by throwing dollars at it. Some things get worse if you feed it financially.

......they "have to buy" everything, including basic food, to survive......
If you can provide some proof of that please do.
While their self sustainability with regards to food is decreasing it's currently nowhere near the point of having to buy everything.

2022 article
National food output is likely to reach its lowest point at about 58.8 per cent of domestic demand by around 2030, down from 65.8 per cent in 2020 and 93.6 per cent at the beginning of the century, according to Cheng Guoqiang, a professor of agricultural economics and rural development at Renmin University in Beijing.

2023 article

On another note, I took my Chinese made bike out for a couple of hundred k's spin today, seems they've fixed the misfiring issues, it never missed a beat.
It was cold, it was quite windy, but it was still more fun than working or doing stuff at home :brow

I don't care what you have, I will never buy a communist China bike
So you do not want to buy from a country governed by the idea of equal wealth distribution, fair salary for work performed, free care of weakest citizens?
You'd rather buy from country where getting sick means bankrupting yourself and live in poverty for the rest of your live, and all the wealth is collected by very few people, while infrastructure is slowly rotting away for lack of funds?
If China was very communist in practice anymore I'd buy from them for exactly those reasons.

I appreciate the insight of all these posts. But the one thing is availability of certain types of bikes. The grom is heavier and not as compact as a ct70 clone. So if portability and lightweight is prority there is only 1 option for orgin. The xr150l is another example. Only 1 country manufacturers these types of bikes. Or how about my favorite swamp and climb a wall bike....the US lantern company coleman. Funny how Texas companies have alot of import bikes.

I would love to build bikes all US sourced. But nobody wants to pay. Or the bike cant fit the needs of the consumer. I can build anyone a US minibike...even down to the paint and sand paper used in the build. The minibike scene is hot. No one cares where the parts come from. Just how fast it goes and how long before it blows up....ya there is some ribbing on the coleman owners from the US frame riders. But as money flies on who's the fastest no one cares where the gx160 head was cast....but "hey did you raise the floor of the intake port?"

If you can provide some proof of that please do.
I can't condense twenty years of following politics and global economics in to one neat little post on a forum that's easy to read in two sentences or less. There's a lot of history and nuance that can't distilled down in to an easy to swallow pill. China's economy is in dire strait's with their population age and many economists are afraid that China as we know it might not be around in 50 years. They are throwing Hail Mary's trying to get other economies to inject money in to their own and they're doing it by selling the cheapest the goods they can.

I'm not, and never have, shit on the Chinese people. We're all walking under the same sky. Companies like CFMoto are trying to do things legit. While Americans sit over here banning plastic straws to save the earth, while clicking around on Amazon filling up a cart full of imposter products produced by a country run on coal. The people over there aren't the ones profiting from our spending. You just feed the beast that's currently self destructing, while you starve the economy in your own country.

While there's nothing we "have to buy" from China, they "have to buy" everything, including basic food, to survive. It's a sad juxtaposition showing what some people have to do to get by while the people who don't "need" them are able to freely take advantage, or choose to overlook, the whole ordeal depending how it suits their finances. Everything is related. Some things can't be fixed by throwing dollars at it. Some things get worse if you feed it financially.
WTF?

I can't condense twenty years of following politics and global economics in to one neat little post on a forum that's easy to read in two sentences or less. There's a lot of history and nuance that can't distilled down in to an easy to swallow pill. China's economy is in dire strait's with their population age and many economists are afraid that China as we know it might not be around in 50 years. They are throwing Hail Mary's trying to get other economies to inject money in to their own and they're doing it by selling the cheapest the goods they can.

I'm not, and never have, shit on the Chinese people. We're all walking under the same sky. Companies like CFMoto are trying to do things legit. While Americans sit over here banning plastic straws to save the earth, while clicking around on Amazon filling up a cart full of imposter products produced by a country run on coal. The people over there aren't the ones profiting from our spending. You just feed the beast that's currently self destructing, while you starve the economy in your own country.
No need to condense anything, I was merely curious to see some proof the Chinese "have to buy everything" as you stated, so far I've seen none :D

EVOLUTION, everthing changes. The US invented television and was the major source of tv sets, then the Japanese took over and I don't think the US make them anymore, now China is the major manufacturer, and it will be the same with motorbikes

So you do not want to buy from a country governed by the idea of equal wealth distribution, fair salary for work performed, free care of weakest citizens?
You'd rather buy from country where getting sick means bankrupting yourself and live in poverty for the rest of your live, and all the wealth is collected by very few people, while infrastructure is slowly rotting away for lack of funds?
If China was very communist in practice anymore I'd buy from them for exactly those reasons.
No I don't believe in communism. A Doctor is worth more than a good garbage man Knock yourself out. When slackers find out they make as much as hard workers, hard workers become slackers. This isn't star trek

Top Bottom Back Refresh