What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

Rip 💀💀

IMG_1478.png

I stopped outside of a pharmaceutical facility to adjust my gear. They used to make the small pox vaccine here. The old stables were where they kept the swine that they cultured it on. The story in high school was that they did medical testing on primates here also and that sometimes the monkeys would get loose and attack people. I don’t know if any of that is true but the place has always been a little creepy to me.
IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg

So as I’m getting my rain gear on to help block the cold wind something startled me… a killer monkey maybe!
IMG_1534.jpeg

Nope just a possum passing by. :lol2

I rode down to Troy. This is an interesting building. It’s on Big Beaver road which just happens to be Exit 69 off of I-75.

IMG_1535.jpeg

That’s not an optical illusion, the building is actually this shape.

IMG_1536.jpeg

Getting the corner office in that building may not be a big perk. It’s neat to see from the freeway because it is oriented so it looks paper thin like a sail

Big Beaver road is the only road I know of with four different names; it also goes by 16 Mile, Metro Parkway and Quarton. It’s an old joke but it is always fun to describe the location of someplace as being on the corner of Big Beaver and Quarton between Metro Parkway and 16 Mile.

I usually have a few drinks on Saturday nights so I go ride around during the day.

Maybe I should stay home and clean up the disaster that I call a garage or maybe replace the counter sprocket seal that is leaking. F that S, I’d rather be riding! :lol2

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

The rain has held off for the most part. I’m waiting out a little shower right now. Here’s a few pictures from earlier.

On a clear day you can see the Renaissance Center from up here about 25 miles south.
IMG_1606.jpeg

I love that you never know what you’ll see when exploring around.
IMG_1607.jpeg

maybe replace the counter sprocket seal that is leaking.
What's that process like? On my bike, Honda requires pressing it in from inside if using the OEM seal. Fortunately, there's an aftermarket version that isn't such a pain.

When the Gordie Howe Bridge is completed, it'll become mandatory to get into a road rage fistfight on it! If you see somebody else going at it, get that assist, maybe score a goal for yourself, and earn that Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

What's that process like? On my bike, Honda requires pressing it in from inside if using the OEM seal. Fortunately, there's an aftermarket version that isn't such a pain.
It can be done from the outside. I got one of the parts. Once I got the CS off I couldn’t get it apart without thinking I was going to damage something else in the process. I didn’t want the bike to be down so I ordered the surrounding parts but just haven’t gotten to it yet. The floor makes it look worse than it is. After riding it’ll usually leave two drops on the floor. I’m loosing hope that it’s going to fix itself. :lol2

When the Gordie Howe Bridge is completed, it'll become mandatory to get into a road rage fistfight on it! If you see somebody else going at it, get that assist, maybe score a goal for yourself, and earn that Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
:lol2

I don’t know if it’s true but there’s rumors in my family that my grandpa punched a customs guy at the tunnel for insulting him and my grandma. So the story goes he didn’t get arrested because it turned out that the agent was drunk. Bridge and tunnel rage isn’t new but I think it’s an under recognized condition in our society, everyone focuses on the conventional road rage. :D

I ran out of time yesterday to post the rest of the ride.

This reminded me of The Walking Dead:
IMG_1615.jpeg

The control building in a decommissioned rail yard:
IMG_1621.jpeg

The changeable conditions really make for some beautiful skies:
IMG_1617.jpeg

Getting ready for a quick hose down after I got home:
IMG_1618.jpeg

Mileage:
IMG_1623.jpeg
IMG_1624.jpeg

Attachments