What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

Slow wheelies! That is a very sharp red bike..no doubt..glad you are rocking it!
Hopefully! I need to get back to practicing on the little bike. The CRF is more intimidating than I remember.

I couldn’t resist at least a few tries though. :D
IMG_7756.jpeg

I like the little 250 , I would like to find one close. I would pick it up for riding the local logging roads
It’s a great bike on trails and dirt. It’s way more capable than I’ll ever be.

Have you ridden a 250F? My kid had one for a couple of years. It was a great bike. Much lower strung than the X and a lot more reliable.

Whataburger is better trash food wrapped in orange.

bleh - I think you're confusing A&W with Dad's or Shasta.
Damnit, Zoomer. You changed your avatar and I didn't know who I was talking to.

"Who is this crazy fool talking to me about root beer?...oh". I ain't back down on the Barqs, bro!

DJ, I been wondering how the slow wheelies were going. Spring has sprung, I need to get out and practice more, too

Since the KLX is still down for the count here’s the 2005 CRF250X.

I bought it from my dentist. He plated it in Michigan so I got it with a street title and I have it registered and insured. It’s a terrible street bike but riding is riding!

IMG_7755.jpeg
Terrible?! It's a Honda! Those little things rip tho

DJ, I been wondering how the slow wheelies were going. Spring has sprung, I need to get out and practice more, too
They haven’t been going at all. I had an appendectomy last fall and slow wheelies take a lot of core and abs so I was reluctant to practice. I got out of the habit and haven’t gotten back to it since.

It really is the single activity that has improved my riding the most. Funny since it has no practical application whatsoever. :D

There’s no way I’d consider putting the CRF back even close to the balance point now but hopefully I’ll get comfortable and confident on it to do it someday.

Terrible?! It's a Honda! Those little things rip tho
:lol3
It’s on knobbies, has super short gearing, the AC headlight is barely visible on the ground, no speedo, a tiny mirror that shakes like crazy, and it doesn’t have a brake light or blinkers.

If I remember correctly it turns about 10k RPMs @ 70MPH.

I didn’t buy it to ride on the street though so it’s all good. 👍🏻

They haven’t been going at all. I had an appendectomy last fall
Bro, that's scary stuff. I'm glad you're done with that. Funny you mention that now because just last night my wife suddenly had terrible stomach pains and I was scared it was her appendix. She was getting quite annoyed at me. I was performing every poke and prod test I could find on Google. Couldn't sleep and kept nudging her awake to check on her.

"If this is helping me just let me die"

Not on my watch, drama queen!

Bro, that's scary stuff. I'm glad you're done with that. Funny you mention that now because just last night my wife suddenly had terrible stomach pains and I was scared it was her appendix. She was getting quite annoyed at me. I was performing every poke and prod test I could find on Google. Couldn't sleep and kept nudging her awake to check on her.

"If this is helping me just let me die"

Not on my watch, drama queen!
:imaposer :imaposer

When in doubt get it checked out!

Here's my "Nightly Ride" from that night.

Buddy, you gotta stop describing your bikes 😂 It's not sounding good on our end
:rofl:rofl

I'm just keepin' it real. Don't worry the description will be much different if I ever sell them... :D:D

I've ridden 38 of the ~180 trails and routes listed by the MIDNR. I've only ridden two of them on the CRFx. The rest I've ridden on the KLX. My favorite so far has been the Bay City Lake Trail in the UP which happens to be one of the two I rode on the CRF. It didn't really occur to me until afterward but it was one of my favorites because of the bike. The CRF is so much easier and more fun to ride on the trails than the KLX. It soaks up the bumps and keeps the tires on the ground, it's always in the right gear, it's easy to loft the front end over obstacles, it has tons of traction and is predictable and being 50lbs lighter than the KLX it's noticeably easier to ride and less fatiguing. It makes sufficient low end power and can 'tractor' very well through the slow stuff without requiring lots of clutch. It's also peaky enough to make a nice rush of power up top for the fun factor. It's great for me since the peaky nature makes it a little more forgiving in bottom half of the RPM range where I spend most of the my time and makes it less sensitive to abrupt throttle inputs or when loading the flywheel for small pivot turns or getting over a log from a stop.

In short, I think it's the perfect trail bike for me. Aluminum frame, modern suspension, the price was right and I'll never be able to out-ride it. Sure it needs some attention but it's a keeper so it's worth putting some money into it. I'd plan on getting the suspension setup for my weight, skill and application. I love that I have a second bike so I can still ride when the KLX will inevitably need to be offline for work.

Bay City Lake Trail 2022:
Bay City Lake Trail 2022-09-10 18.28.jpg

I've ridden both bikes at The Mounds ORV park in Mt Morris near Flint. It's basically a giant mudhole. I start to feel a little bad taking the KLX out there knowing that I'm going to want to ride it to work on Monday. Not so much with the X. This is where I first realized how much of a difference there is between a dual sport and a proper dirt bike. 👍

2022-05-22 17.09.23_resize.jpg
2022-05-22 20.04.02_resize.jpg
2022-07-10 16.29.38_resize.jpg
2022-07-10 20.17.24_resize.jpg

Is that a more complimentary description? :D It's honest.

Make no mistake though, I love my bikes. I got into this in '21 and, as cliche as it is, it's changed my life. It's been an awesome ride so far. I got extremely lucky when I got the KLX. It's been the best bike I could have ever asked for. If I could only have one bike that'd be it for sure. It's been really good to me and I'm grateful for that. I'll admit it, I'm weird... I've hugged the KLX twice.

It’s barely drizzling.

Another local defunct Sears. It’s crazy how bad they blew it. The true OG of mail order couldn’t keep up with the mail order revolution. They had cataloging down pat, distribution points nationwide, a gigantic inventory, hundreds of vendors, their own brands and name recognition to boot. The most monumental f up in the business world of our lifetime.
IMG_7852.jpeg

I stopped to get a picture of this pizza kiosk. The first I’ve seen. Just a coincidence that there happened to be an A&W sign. :lol2
IMG_7853.jpeg

I swung by my cousin’s shop. He keeps odd hours but he wasn’t there tonight. Up the street is a place that makes wood products.
IMG_7854.jpeg

And a neat old school looking dress shop.
IMG_7855.jpeg

But it's raining!

I saw that Nitrous Boy got himself hooked up on his way to Hong Kong. Maybe see how the clean up is going.

I couldn't see much last time I went down there at night. I'd like to see what it looks like during the day.

Top Bottom Back Refresh