What's new

- Week DJ_MI's Nightly Rides. I'm going to Detroit; wish me luck!

Our daughter is home from school and we decided to see if the local farmers market is open yet. One of the things we have on our list for this summer is to get a pizza from the kiosk that I posted the picture of last night. I got to telling her about the A&W sign in the background and how you guys were talking about the A&W picture I posted last weekend. She told me that she loves A&W and about how on a trip last summer with her friends they ate at one in Lexington on the Huron coast about 20 miles north of Port Huron. Next thing you know we were on our way to Lexington!

TLDR; We drove 100 miles round trip to eat at A&W in Lexington MI.
IMG_7884.jpeg
IMG_7887.jpeg
IMG_7883.jpeg
IMG_7885.jpeg
IMG_7886.jpeg

You've ruined the lifelong mystery of the Schuette Oak for me.
It certainly wasn't intentional. I didn't realize I was posting a spoiler. My apologies! :D

I hope you're happy.
Thanks for the well wishes. I am happy! The best Saturdays are so filled with activities that thinking back to the morning seems like it was yesterday.

I had an A&W root beer float for the first time in decades, rode around for several hours, stopped by an airfield once used by Amelia Earhart, had a home cooked dinner, took the dogs to the park with my wife to watch the sunset, walked a dog in the woods after dusk and had bats buzz my head closer than I've ever experienced, watched some more Yellowstone, watched the Tigers win and now I'm considering going for another ride.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK
I gotta say, it was a good day"

That's a tough shot to make. Good job.
Thanks. It's a grab from a super slow mo video so it was easy to cherry pick a good frame. I'll post up the video.

It wasn’t until I got closer to the edge of the wooded area where the sky was backlighting the bats that I realized what I was hearing. It was such a good day that I had a protective detail keeping me bug free. :lol2

Thanks. It's a grab from a super slow mo video so it was easy to cherry pick a good frame. I'll post up the video.

It wasn’t until I got closer to the edge of the wooded area where the sky was backlighting the bats that I realized what I was hearing. It was such a good day that I had a protective detail keeping me bug free. :lol2
I'm guessing that was from a phone. What model?

It is. Cell phone camera tech has made impressive advancements in photography. It's hard to believe that such a small sensor can work so well in low light with a fast subject, but there you are with a cropped screen grab of a video of a bat flying at dusk.
It is hard to believe. I held onto my iPhone 8 Plus as long as possible so the uprade was especially noticeable for me.

I wish I would have tried that shot with the 'flash' on (continuous light in video mode). I think the tree limbs would have been far enough away to not receive much of the light and the bats would have been pretty well illuminated.

Top Bottom Back Refresh