What's new

Images that were removed from the "other" site and/or caused bannanation

This was posted in CS&M over in the other place, I dare someone to post it in jo mama on a picture thread.

2CE8057A-F2B0-4EA2-B7EB-E0846F749E7D.jpeg

That site has the most biased moderation I have seen on any website.

Never ran around on Triumphrat then. They were erm heavy handed.

.....also ADV rider.

Posting aminals getting hit by cars video of a dude chopping a deer in half with his bike. Good to go.

Blowing up hogs with 7lbs of tanerite gets you a two week ....even if its in the WTF thread.

They axed that vid? A few of the piggies did seem to suffer. MAybe it was the follow up rifle extermination to end their pain. Y'know, cuz GUNS!! the other intolerable behavior on ADVwokerider...

They axed that vid? A few of the piggies did seem to suffer. MAybe it was the follow up rifle extermination to end their pain. Y'know, cuz GUNS!! the other intolerable behavior on ADVwokerider...

No idea.

I know I caught a two week for "inappropriate content"

That's possibly the lamest reason for a ban I've ever seen on any forum.:hmmmmm

That site has the most biased moderation I have seen on any website.

Ya think?
At least two 'Woke' mods and two others setting it to military PC standards.
Thats where the site is going now.
No more crude, no off topic.
If you all haven't noticed, the Basement rules have been tweaked as well.

I 100% understand wantinng to keep Upstairs clean, but making the Basement a PG13 is bullshit and betrays 2 decades of raucous fun and THE VERY REASON the place was created...since the BMW forums were what ADV is being turned into.

At least two 'Woke' mods and two others setting it to military PC standards.
Thats where the site is going now.
No more crude, no off topic.
If you all haven't noticed, the Basement rules have been tweaked as well.

I 100% understand wantinng to keep Upstairs clean, but making the Basement a PG13 is bullshit and betrays 2 decades of raucous fun and THE VERY REASON the place was created...since the BMW forums were what ADV is being turned into.

I think I'm pretty much done after the monkey thing. The mod squad's kind of turned into the HOA board. :lol3

Relevant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/when-the-internets-moderators-are-anything-but.html

https://archive.is/z8zI6

"The moderator class has become so detached from its mediating role at Reddit that it no longer functions as a means of creating a harmonious community, let alone a profitable business. It has become an end in itself — a sort of moderatocracy in which the underlying logic of moderation has been turned on its head"

"History shows that things end poorly for companies that rely too heavily on moderatocracies. Probably the closest analogy to Reddit is AOL, which in the 1990s built a corps of thousands of volunteer ‘‘community leaders’’ to moderate its chat rooms and forums. Those community leaders eventually revolted, too; some sued for back pay, and AOL was forced to settle for a reported $15 million in 2010. The tension is intrinsic: Unpaid moderators will always feel the company does not appreciate them enough for the free labor they donate. Eventually, the company will change in a way that upsets the moderators. A tiny spark can ignite the built-up resentment."

Relevant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/when-the-internets-moderators-are-anything-but.html

https://archive.is/z8zI6

"The moderator class has become so detached from its mediating role at Reddit that it no longer functions as a means of creating a harmonious community, let alone a profitable business. It has become an end in itself — a sort of moderatocracy in which the underlying logic of moderation has been turned on its head"

"History shows that things end poorly for companies that rely too heavily on moderatocracies. Probably the closest analogy to Reddit is AOL, which in the 1990s built a corps of thousands of volunteer ‘‘community leaders’’ to moderate its chat rooms and forums. Those community leaders eventually revolted, too; some sued for back pay, and AOL was forced to settle for a reported $15 million in 2010. The tension is intrinsic: Unpaid moderators will always feel the company does not appreciate them enough for the free labor they donate. Eventually, the company will change in a way that upsets the moderators. A tiny spark can ignite the built-up resentment."

In the culture of advrider, it is not new for some discussion forum moderators to overstep their bounds of enforcing site rules and stray into the realm of dictating ethics,morals and acceptable opinions to members; in recent years this trend increased.

Some, of course, cultivate a cult of personality wherein their sycophants largely get a pass for any and all actual infractions.

I would say that Moderatocracy is an apt description of the single biggest problem at advrider; the current "chief mod" would appear to be a proponent of this system.

Top Bottom Back Refresh