What's new

Kawasaki KLX250 / KLX300 Thread

How about a smooth-tire version of the KXL300?

The Loop along US-441 between Gatlinburg, TN and Cherokee, NC.

IMG_20220813_110658653.jpg

original_45436e4a-e246-4241-98b7-e88e90adead8_IMG_20220813_110917566.jpg
That’s awesome. I’ve never had the chance to ride an SM version but I can imagine that it’s super fun.

9601 Miles. Replaced both sprockets and the chain. Went with a 13T front (14T stock). Went with an OE rear sprocket, EK chain, and OE rear nuts (supposed to replace not reuse).

2022-09-05 20.02.51.jpg
2022-09-05 20.03.39.jpg

Going from the 14 to the 13 makes the bike so much different. The gears are closer, better acceleration. Cruising at anything above 55MPH it's starting to wind out though.

9601 Miles. Replaced both sprockets and the chain. Went with a 13T front (14T stock). Went with an OE rear sprocket, EK chain, and OE rear nuts (supposed to replace not reuse).

2022-09-05 20.02.51.jpg
2022-09-05 20.03.39.jpg

Going from the 14 to the 13 makes the bike so much different. The gears are closer, better acceleration. Cruising at anything above 55MPH it's starting to wind out though.

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you don’t use every last bit of your sprockets.

I’m of the same mindset. Here’s a pic from the last time I changed the rear sprocket of my Triumph Scrambler.
8EAA2104-A5C6-422E-99A1-B10AC2621E8C.jpeg

2022-09-05 20.02.51.jpg
2022-09-05 20.03.39.jpg

Did you also buy a lottery ticket?

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you don’t use every last bit of your sprockets.

I’m of the same mindset. Here’s a pic from the last time I changed the rear sprocket of my Triumph Scrambler.
8EAA2104-A5C6-422E-99A1-B10AC2621E8C.jpeg
Damn. What did the front look like? My rear looked pretty good compared to the front.

I was look
That's the Wolfman Zip-R Bags. Medium sized with the frameless carrier.

Drawing a blank on MCCCT. What is that?

How do you like it? I looked into Wolfman products and it looked like very nice stuff.

MCCCT stand for Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trai. It's reportedly the longest designated, continuous, marked MC trail in the world. I don't know if that true,but I do konw that it's going to be tough.

MCCCT-BaseCamp-MAP - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was look

How do you like it? I looked into Wolfman products and it looked like very nice stuff.

MCCCT stand for Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trai. It's reportedly the longest designated, continuous, marked MC trail in the world. I don't know if that true,but I do konw that it's going to be tough.

MCCCT-BaseCamp-MAP - Copy.jpg
I do like the Wolfman E-Base with the Zip-R bags. This is my third Wolfman bags set and like this system the best. It's waterproof and doesn't need inner dry bags. E-12's and Rocky Mountain are the other two I use on my AT. Those have specific use for me. The E-Base now can be fully installed in less than a minute and removed in seconds. It's mounted a bit rearward so that I'm not sitting on any part of it.

Watch for Wolfman sales. There's demo gear on sale now.

I do like the Wolfman E-Base with the Zip-R bags. This is my third Wolfman bags set and like this system the best. It's waterproof and doesn't need inner dry bags. E-12's and Rocky Mountain are the other two I use on my AT. Those have specific use for me. The E-Base now can be fully installed in less than a minute and removed in seconds. It's mounted a bit rearward so that I'm not sitting on any part of it.

Watch for Wolfman sales. There's demo gear on sale now.
Great info.

I wound up getting a Giant Loop Mojave. It fits snuggly and works good for tight trails. It’d be nice if it was waterproof though. I’m in the process of sealing as many of the stitches as possible but I’m still going to have to use dry bags.

Great info.

I wound up getting a Giant Loop Mojave. It fits snuggly and works good for tight trails. It’d be nice if it was waterproof though. I’m in the process of sealing as many of the stitches as possible but I’m still going to have to use dry bags.
Post up a picture when you can. :thumb

Post up a picture when you can. :thumb

Here's a couple of pics of the Giant Loop Mojave luggage on my bike after my trip last week. The zip ties over the seat aren't part of the luggage but were an improvised tie down point for my hydration pack when I strapped it on top of the roll I had on the back of the bike. I did a lot of improvising on this trip!

IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG

Here's a couple of pics of the Giant Loop Mojave luggage on my bike after my trip last week. The zip ties over the seat aren't part of the luggage but were an improvised tie down point for my hydration pack when I strapped it on top of the roll I had on the back of the bike. I did a lot of improvising on this trip!

IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG

Bags look good on your bike. Was looking to see how/where you attached straps. These might be useful for easy bag removal/reinstallation. https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/accessories/products/wolfy-strap-mounts

I'll get a two pictures of what I did and post. One of those brackets would be useful on the left side, for the right side I used the brake line guard.

Top Bottom Back Refresh