What's new

Land of Enchantment New Mexico

The snow wasn't too bad over all, and the hail for most of the trip kept it exciting. Made it a bit north of Vallecitos before calling it a day. Between the cold, a trail closure NW of El Rito which I accidently found a work around, and the time spent trying to figure out and find the extreme route I had my fill. Definitely down to repeat the trip again if anyone wants! (It's very hard not to pic spam this post :lol3)

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3898.JPG
    IMG_3898.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
The snow wasn't too bad over all, and the hail for most of the trip kept it exciting. Made it a bit north of Vallecitos before calling it a day. Between the cold, a trail closure NW of El Rito which I accidently found a work around, and the time spent trying to figure out and find the extreme route I had my fill. Definitely down to repeat the trip again if anyone wants! (It's very hard not to pic spam this post :lol3)
Oh ... I've been there From Hwy 64 to Vallecitos last year. It's kind of a maze, but definetively height of the summer ride for me.

Fr 376 It's going to open on 4/16. The guys that have access told me that is nice and dry. That opens up a lot of loops to do around.

Oh ... I've been there From Hwy 64 to Vallecitos last year. It's kind of a maze, but definetively height of the summer ride for me.

Fr 376 It's going to open on 4/16. The guys that have access told me that is nice and dry. That opens up a lot of loops to do around.
That main trail (for the NM BDR)had it posted that it would open May 1, after that it should be a lot easier to get around there for sure!

Probably! I live up there by Candelaria and san Mateo, you never know which bike ill be on either lol

If anyone wants to hit some dirt Tuesday Ive got the whole day free and I'll have some fresh tires on the versys, open to suggestions within a reasonable distance of Albuquerque :ricky ZoomerP Uncle_Pollo I like more technical single track but will ride anything

If anyone wants to hit some dirt Tuesday Ive got the whole day free and I'll have some fresh tires on the versys, open to suggestions within a reasonable distance of Albuquerque :ricky ZoomerP Uncle_Pollo I like more technical single track but will ride anything
Still working mon-fri.

New schedule bid coming up and I will see what I can get.
Also still waiting on the 950 forks to be done.

Pheonix wouldnt be too bad right now! Thats exactly what im thin the GF will be in Colorado, maybe another attempt at section 7 of the BDR is in the cards for this week :ricky

Awesome thanks! Its looking like a great day weatherwise to, fingers crossed that fire stays away now! Looking at the TFR its staying SE

Reactions: MVI
lol especially in the truck camper that gets brutal in the desert! my favorite was going out to ocotillo wells and riding all day and then sleeping in the bed of the truck under the stars.
The weather is ok atm. Very nice in the mornings. Otoh, I've slept in my truck camper when the nightly low was 100. Big city desert living sucks hard.

_nc_ohc=tVF4os83-2kAX9rZXjq&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=Xc8kGSldH8MAX8YSerg&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=pERoGZTh3F8AX-j9LZP&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=c0MrMmwakAAAX8sjulk&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=6ipU9KFdX24AX_Oxlzt&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

Nver quite made it to Elephant Peak this trip, got a little lost off 76(?) hit some dirt found a ton of backroads and had a blast just getting to taos. also after what felt like miles of loose rocky wash she finally decided it was time for a nap lol:ricky

I'm in Northern New Mexico. I was going to try and ride 31 mile, 144 to 99 to 100 but I had to go into work. Not sure what all is open. I can see the smoke coming off the fire in the Jemez and I also see the Sangre's from my house. I suck in the dirt but I still do it.

Top Bottom Back Refresh