What's new

Macro Photography Of Bikes

20240312_181709.jpg

Wonder if she will fire and sound like a mini katoom
20240326_190657.jpg

I always jet, adjust the valves and ride it like I stole it...but the stickers never bother me
20240326_190816.jpg

Hey DJ_MI..buy a 20yr old bike to ride 2,000 miles adventure. One of the 3 inmate po might have got lucky in Baton Rouge ...and now you carry the torch.
20240326_190942.jpg

St1300? Old coworker sold his low mileage 2008 1050 sprint for $3500. Bike was fast! His 2014 bonnie with a windshield, sissy bar and bags obsoleted his touring bike. And looked better sitting next his 1969 triumph. Alot of it was tall rider and the 2014 had better ergos for his older age. I rode both bikes. The Bonnie really is that nice.

Kawasaki Concours 14. I sooooo wanted to take it for a test ride. Maybe I will tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully they let me.
Right on! I had a chance to buy an old Ninja 1000 based concours for $1500 from my favorite dealer in 2017. I bought a $900 1982 550 maxim instead. Still have the 550 sits on the trailer with the r100

Quad Lock can suck an egg! Ram Mounts is/are sooooo much better!
20240408_112630.jpg
I used one of those for years with no worries. The flopping was kinda uncool but not a deal breaker. I didn't don't know if the spring got weak or what, but my phone dropped out of day sitting a wheelie down hard and i lost faith in it. Ram's new "Quick Grip" mounts are dead solid and use the pre-existing mounts. Wish I'd known.

I used one of those for years with no worries. The flopping was kinda uncool but not a deal breaker. I didn't don't know if the spring got weak or what, but my phone dropped out of day sitting a wheelie down hard and i lost faith in it. Ram's new "Quick Grip" mounts are dead solid and use the pre-existing mounts. Wish I'd known.
That's kind of what happened to my Quad Lock. What killed the arm mount was going over a deep pot hole at 60mph. It was night time and I was on a road I wasn't too familiar with. I caught my phone just in time. The vibration dampener worked well. I'll give it that. What I really hate about Quad Lock is how they part everything out and force consumers to buy each piece. With Ram Mounts, everything is included within the box and gives great bang for the buck.

Top Bottom Back Refresh