What's new

Motogp 2022

Last edited:
Keep innovating, please...lots of nice things for consumer bikes first found a home on a race bike!
Yep, like gear-drive DOHC with buckets and shims, 4 valves per cylinder and big bore/short stroke configurations that turned well over 15,000 rpm even on the larger engines... in the early to mid-'60s. By Honda, of course. :D

A great photo comparison of the launch devices engaged...

I'll throw a few here.

Gardner etc headline.jpg

binder_0.jpg

Bagnaia1.jpg

Days away...can't wait for this season to start. I'm in the "Pecco will dominate" camp.

But really, who the hell knows.

What's everyone's preference regarding spoilers in this thread?

Personally, I don't care. We don't yet seem to have a very big group here, but we can certainly keep this thread "no spoilers" and start a new thread for each race weekend that will contain spoilers. Or not.

Thoughts?

I'm wondering if the biggest benefit to Gigi's latest gadget, the front shape shifter, will turn out to be better tire life, with more at the end of the race.

Theoretically, the idea is to provide more mechanical grip on acceleration out of the corners; if it works, there should be less slip, more power to the ground and less tire wear.

Will be interesting to see it play out.

Personally, I don't care. We don't yet seem to have a very big group here, but we can certainly keep this thread "no spoilers" and start a new thread for each race weekend that will contain spoilers. Or not.

Thoughts?
Personally speaking, I don't watch the Euro races till raceday afternoon (mid? late?) so results reported before that would spoil the viewing, but only if I check out the thread beforehand, which is easily remedied.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of a race specific thread with spoilers.

It's almost here!!! There is SO much young talent this season...I can't just root for Pecco alone! I"m expecting big things from Martin, Gardner, Marini, Olivera, and Bastianini, too.

It's almost here!!! There is SO much young talent this season...I can't just root for Pecco alone! I"m expecting big things from Martin, Gardner, Marini, Olivera, and Bastianini, too.
Totally agree. I think unless Jack wins the championship or comes in second to Pecco, he's gone from the factory team. Martin seems poised to step up. If Fabio leaves Yamaha, that could create a big shake up.

I think lots will happen rider/team-wise in the first 3 rounds.

You have to wonder if Fabio is just a bit envious of this season's Ducati grid...if Yamaha doesn't find some speed soon, he WON'T be happy, I feel certain.

With Miller, it always seems to be some little something relegating him to finish just short of the podium. I feel for the guy but the time for excuses is rapidly drawing to a close. Ducati wasn't sentimental regarding Dovi and he produced far more results than Miller.

This is all fun to speculate on, but '22 MotoGP is going to be won or lost by thousandths, theoretically any team is in with a chance right now. Qatar is normally a bit of an outlier, Mandalika is new so I think it'll be Argentina & Texas (where we will be cheering from the grandstands) until we start seeing a clearer picture.

That being said, all out war between Bastianini and Martin for Miller's seat, with the Aussie in full defense mode is what I'm going to be watching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh