What's new

Motogp 2022

This is all fun to speculate on, but '22 MotoGP is going to be won or lost by thousandths, theoretically any team is in with a chance right now. Qatar is normally a bit of an outlier, Mandalika is new so I think it'll be Argentina & Texas (where we will be cheering from the grandstands) until we start seeing a clearer picture.

That being said, all out war between Bastianini and Martin for Miller's seat, with the Aussie in full defense mode is what I'm going to be watching.
I think you're right...so close, makes for great racing.

Have fun at COTA, we were there in 2019.

IMG_20190414_123235259_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190414_135753718.jpg

Just wish they'd invite Colin Edwards for some color (with a capital C) commentary.

Simon Crafar is the Sherlock Holmes of bike racing though, love that guy.

"Well fellas, I had a quick glance at the Honda frame & I could see that the swing arm is longer by about 2mm!"

Wish they would schedule Road America or Laguna Seca instead...COTA iis ok but not that exciting for myself.
Not sure what you expect? T20 up through the front straight right at the limiter, climb up to T1, tip it in and pray you line it up for the esses & don't pull a Marc. T11 and the 1KM drag race down to a 90 degree left...these are some of the hardest & best bike racing has to offer.

I love both the tracks you mention too but neither is capable of hosting the speed that modern MotoGP bikes travel at.

Well, the concerns about Ducati overwhelming the field didn't play out, this time.
Impressive racing - fun till the end.

Uh-oh

It seems that there are a few too many of Gigi's Gadgets. I think Pecco has a point, if everything keeps changing, there's no time to adapt and go faster, especially with the limited testing schedule.

Great race though, very happy for The Beast and Gresini, well earned, well deserved. I think it will take until we get back to Europe to see where everyone stands. Suzuki's initial speed seemed to evaporate, Yamaha never had any (again), Ducati ain't dominating (yet), Pol looks like a threat, Marc looks like just another fast rider among many.

WTF happened to Jack's bike?

And I'd also note that the much Bally-hooed Raul Fernandez finished last. Marking time until he can leave KTM? Not the way to make an impression.

Top Bottom Back Refresh