What's new

Motogp 2022

Simon seems like a really nice guy. Clearly knowledgable. Respected by other riders/teams.

I just wish he was better at TV...which is his current job. Get. Him. A. Coach.

Please.

I just wish he was better at TV...which is his current job. Get. Him. A. Coach.

EQ'ing his mic a little better would help - honestly the audio for MotoGP is f'ing horrible. We want to barely hear the announcers over loud & obnoxious bikes, sometimes you wonder if they have any track mics out at all.

EQ'ing his mic a little better would help - honestly the audio for MotoGP is f'ing horrible. We want to barely hear the announcers over loud & obnoxious bikes, sometimes you wonder if they have any track mics out at all.

And the glare off the white board, and the tiny print, and his speaking to the board instead of the camera, and, and, and. These are "presentation 101" skills. By this time, they should have been mastered. There's nothing hard about this.

It's just a poor job IMO. Him, his producers, whoever. They need to get better.

And to absolutely no one's surprise, MM diagnosed with a new episode of double vision after falling from the Mandilika sky.

Looks like he'll be out of Argentina and Austin.

HIs body has absorbed frightening levels of insult in the last few years. Looking past his competitive years, he will likely feel aches and pains from all this for the rest of his life, especially when the weather changes. Hopefully, he can return to being a front-runner again, but sooner or later even his superb physical condition won't be enough to compensate. That was some horrific crash!

Marquez has always been a "crash to find the limit" rider...sometimes he was able to crash without falling off. IIRC, last year, he had the highest crash total of all riders despite not riding the entire season.

The "house always wins" and the odds catch up.

This last whopper really showed some red mist lack of judgment. Warm up, all indications were it was going to be a wet race, or at best dry/wet. You'd think that THE most important thing in the warm up, given that scenario, is to not prang the bike or the rider.

Just b/c everybody says, "that's Marquez" does not make it smart.

I can't help wondering if Marquez is sort of doomed to terrible get-offs, having had so many in recent seasons. One of 'em would be enough to have me seriously question going forward.

I'm already hearing from people ready to cancel their tickets if Marquee won't be riding winning in Austin next month.

When Marquez retires, he'll barely leave a Marc on Motogp. He'll Never be heard from again, and will give nothing back to the sport.

I can't wait to be at another race at COTA, with or without Marc. I've quite enjoyed having a motoGP race in my backyard for the last decade. If you don't want to come because you don't like Texas...thank you! The rest of us will be enjoying the only motoGP race in north America. :)

I can't wait to be at another race at COTA, with or without Marc. I've quite enjoyed having a motoGP race in my backyard for the last decade. If you don't want to come because you don't like Texas...thank you! The rest of us will be enjoying the only motoGP race in north America. :)
We'll be there enjoying the racing for yet another year! Yeah, Texas is a bit iffy right now but outside the Governor's mansion, Austin isn't exactly part of the problem.

Another re-do for Mandelika next year?

Can you imagine the cost of constant repaving...you'd think that with today's expertise this would not be particularly hard to get right the first time. All evidence here and at COTA to the contrary...

Top Bottom Back Refresh