What's new

Motogp 2022

That track, being so close to the water, looks like it could have been built on landfill. (Maybe the article you posted goes into that ... I didn't follow the link.)

Perhaps not the press Kabuto wanted...I've never heard of them either.

The old "helmet full of water" problem

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 2.41.12 PM.png

A little off topic: Just finished the F1 series. Since I don't watch the race during the season (or follow threads about it), the dualing between Hamilton and Verstappen was definitely impressive. I don't know where dedicated fans stand on Verstappen's risky (questionable?) moves, but by the final episode I rooted for Hamilton, and Toto for the matter, simply because they appeared to have sportsmanship that was lacking in Red Bull.

We've talked about production values here before ... I couldn't paying attention to the overly dramatic (gladiator-like) soundtrack that the producers chose. I also couldn't help wondering if this 'battle' was amplified by media, both journos and Netflix.

A little off topic: Just finished the F1 series. Since I don't watch the race during the season (or follow threads about it), the dualing between Hamilton and Verstappen was definitely impressive. I don't know where dedicated fans stand on Verstappen's risky (questionable?) moves, but by the final episode I rooted for Hamilton, and Toto for the matter, simply because they appeared to have sportsmanship that was lacking in Red Bull.

We've talked about production values here before ... I couldn't paying attention to the overly dramatic (gladiator-like) soundtrack that the producers chose. I also couldn't help wondering if this 'battle' was amplified by media, both journos and Netflix.

Well, Max isn't a fan...

Kinda knew that was coming. Wonder if we'll see him at COTA? Sounds increasingly unlikely.

Let's do a hypothetical here; you're Honda with a big, fat checkbook & you need to replace your #1 rider. Who do go after?

Kinda knew that was coming. Wonder if we'll see him at COTA? Sounds increasingly unlikely.

Let's do a hypothetical here; you're Honda with a big, fat checkbook & you need to replace your #1 rider. Who do go after?
Fabio and Mir seem to be the 2 popular choices.

Personally, I'd wait to see if Pol comes good on the new bike, with some consistency. If so, I'd go for someone new...

If not, I think they will take any top rider they can get. But I don't think that an inline 4 rider with find it to be an easy transition. Can't think of 1 that did that successfully.

Edit: I take that back, Dovi went from a Yamaha to the Ducati, and I'd put him in the successful category, despite not winning the championship. Not sure Honda would concur...

Isn't there a young phenom from Japan coming up through the ranks whom critics consider a rising star? His name escapes me at the moment...
There is a wealth of young, talented riders even though Ducati and Ducati satellite teams have signed up some of the best.

Fabio and Mir seem to be the 2 popular choices.
Oliveira as a possibility? Fabio was certainly not happy with the Yamaha in testing but his 1st 2 races have no doubt given him food for thought about staying there.

Tempt Martin away with fat enough checks to all involved? Or Enea with the same carrot?

Zarco, certainly a guy who is both quick & adept at handling the more spirited machinery?

There is a wealth of young, talented riders even though Ducati and Ducati satellite teams have signed up some of the best.
That's a whole 'nother subject for the satellite team, let's be honest, we've seen all we're ever going to see out of Nakagami and Alex, mid-pack guys with occasional flashes of brilliance. Time to get some new talent in there for sure, but for the A-bikes?

Oliveira as a possibility? Fabio was certainly not happy with the Yamaha in testing but his 1st 2 races have no doubt given him food for thought about staying there.

Tempt Martin away with fat enough checks to all involved? Or Enea with the same carrot?

Zarco, certainly a guy who is both quick & adept at handling the more spirited machinery?

That's a whole 'nother subject for the satellite team, let's be honest, we've seen all we're ever going to see out of Nakagami and Alex, mid-pack guys with occasional flashes of brilliance. Time to get some new talent in there for sure, but for the A-bikes?

I'd be really surprised if Martin does not replace Jack on the factory Ducati; if not Martin, The Beast will move up. Unless Jack starts winning immediately, he's out. So I think he's out.

Olivera is a possibility, although I think KTM will try very hard to keep him. Fernandez, OTOH, seems poised to go and if a factory seat is not possible at Yamaha, Honda might look good, and he might look good to them b/c of a year on a V4.

Agree, Take and the other Marquez have reached their sell by date.

I like the idea of Fernandez at HRC-B but they're not going to release a Japanese rider and booting AM when his brother is done career-wise is a pretty horrible optic.

For HRC-A they need big hitting talent that can go to work immediately, a championship under the belt would be nice but race wins at minimum.

The rider I was thinking of is either Ayumu Sasaki or Tatsuki Suzuki?? The talking heads were raving about some young Japanese phenom like he was going to follow Darren Binder into the majors...

The rider I was thinking of is either Ayumu Sasaki or Tatsuki Suzuki
Both wild men in Moto3, who if they haven't made the move by now are unlikely to do so in the future.

Suzuki has had 2 wins in 8 seasons, highest championship position was 14th in 2017 & 2018. Sasaki is in his 7th season, no wins but did finish 9th in championship last year.

I finished the MotoGP Unlimited series. All in all I'd say it was very good. I like that they included Italian and French commentary here and there. The Italian's descriptions are a kick!

Top Bottom Back Refresh