What's new

Post whatever picture you want.

1703886197161.png

Toyota champ 2.4 D4D diesel truck. super cheap rugged ... and its a Toyota. all the other manufacturers have to move now to match this, that wont be easy.

1706533362115.png

Last edited:
I've read they're having issues with those diesels.

Toyo will solve the problem - but we still won't be able to buy one in the U.S. :(
Its the 2L just the common rail D4D its only got the age old Delamination of the bi metal crank bearings many japs suffer from notably the hyno based HT 4.2 Six toyotadiesel out the amazon and of course the YD25 and ZD30 nissans . By comparison the 2L Toyotas are prety bomb prof. Its made in tokyo or derby England only As far as i know. Seems its Em and perhaps emissions inacuracy. .

Last edited:
I added a link above to the latest news story. More of a Press Release, and shorter on details than the initial reports, but I can't seem to locate that.

Edit: Here's one

"Its affiliate Toyota Industries Corp. fabricated the data on diesel engines it makes and supplies for the automaker, Toyota said, adding that it will suspend shipment of the affected vehicles, including the Land Cruiser 300 and the Hilux. We sincerely apologize for causing tremendous trouble to our customers," Toyota President Koji Sato told reporters in Tokyo, adding the automaker will do all it can to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. "
(from the below story)

Last edited:
I added a link to the latest news story. More of a Press Release, and shorter on details than the initial reports, but I can't seem to locate that.
Given the hoops the emissions standards need to meet these days its no small wonder it creates issues i suppose.

It's still a Toyota. :thumb I've been a fan since my first one in 1975.

And since this is a picture thread.... here she is. I ordered the car in late 1974 (based on a photo in Road & Track Magazine). It was the first one delivered in the Southeast and I was there when they rolled it off the transport. I declined several offers from bystanders - including the dealer who wanted to keep it for his showroom. $4,489.12 out the door and 238,000 miles on her when I wrecked it. A sad day.

Back in those days, nobody local worked on Toyotas. Even the dealership was still learning (a small Mom & Pop) and I had to order performance parts from a place called The Toy Store in California. Shipping to Florida was horrendous.

Attachments

• IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Still a good looking body style IMO.
I always wanted a Te21 celeca Twin cam but never did get one. Had a datsun 240Z with a samurai kit cam and tripple webber 40DCOE side drafts it had a Janspeed header too it flew never had it cronoed but bet it was over 200HP easy in a light car.

Top Bottom Back Refresh