What's new

Protect your entire body on every ride

888rcw8so8791.jpg

Gotta admit... that was me earlier today 😁 Except I don't go anywhere without a fullface.

Squid Games. You can play along at home!

IMG_20220626_133353223.jpg

Two mile trip to stock up on potato chips and sodas for a little cookout we had. Somewhere around a million degrees and all the humidity today. Not gonna lie, it felt nice. I did chuckle at the silliness of me having a $400 jacket and a $300 pair of gloves hanging on the peg back at the house while I'm riding nekkid and complaining about the cost of fuel. 🤦

I figure the mask is because taking a bug to a bare face at speed doesn't feel great, even on a Harley.
I mean, a nice thick piece of plastic in the shape of a helmet seems waaaay more effective than a thin piece of cloth. My shins would agree after all those beetle ive hit in florida :lol3

Nothing puts good gear into perspective when you come up to the scene of an accident whereby neither rider or pillion was wearing much more than half helmets, T-shirts and a pair of jeans... The shredded skin and black and blue faces told the story.... This was a month or so back on a road near where I live. It was a stark reminder to wear the appropriate gear for the ride. T-shirts and flip flops aren't it but YMMV... :deal

This just happened to a buddy of mine, In Seattle/ Tacoma Area.

I used to ride the Desert 100 with "Little Stevie".

He could manhandle a XR600 like nobody's business, and ride what I recall to be sheer 10' vertical walls. Awesome rider. Super Talented.

He is now in ICU

1658419229320.png
1658419254628.png

1658419288570.png

1658419321022.png

1658419350295.png

Last edited:
Oh man, sorry to see your buddy Little Stevie had such a terrible spill. When the time is right let us know about the gear he was/wasn't wearing. Looks like he was road riding (bike type). Heal up quick LS. :thumbup

I hate to see people messed up like the pic above and I know it could happen to me but......Sometimes I do a short ride with next to no protective gear. I just put a new tire on my 150cc scooter. I wanted to take it for a short spin and grab a tag while I was at it. I put on my helmet and gloves to go along with shorts, T shirt and sneakers and off I went. I rode around 2 miles, mostly at around 25 but a short run up to 50. Yeah, something bad could have happened but it was hot and I just didn't feel like gearing up. I know that any time I go riding I'm taking a risk. As risks go, this one was pretty minor compared to a lot of the riding I do.

Oh man, sorry to see your buddy Little Stevie had such a terrible spill. When the time is right let us know about the gear he was/wasn't wearing. Looks like he was road riding (bike type). Heal up quick LS. :thumbup
Helmet, t shirt, bluejeans and tennis shoes.

No Gloves, No Jacket, No Boots.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. From the looks of the bike seems he could have been hit, as opposed to having 'a moment.'

Right now it's blazing hot here in NYC (90s all week ... ~ 80% humidity), fortunately I can mostly work from home, so no 'suiting up.' I can understand the desire to skip it if I had to get on the bike.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. From the looks of the bike seems he could have been hit, as opposed to having 'a moment.'

Right now it's blazing hot here in NYC (90s all week ... ~ 80% humidity), fortunately I can mostly work from home, so no 'suiting up.' I can understand the desire to skip it if I had to get on the bike.

I have found that I stay cooler and more comfortable in perforated leather with a wicking layer under it than jeans and tee shirt once it gets over 90.

Equally applicable to high humidity NE/SE/Asia and Desert Southwest.

And from the look of his face I'd guess not a full face helmet either. Car drivers today are brutal, from being so unbelievably distracted to leaving the scene of so many accidents and not taking responsibility. I hope they find the rat bastard so he can sue them. I wish him Godspeed in his recovery.

And from the look of his face I'd guess not a full face helmet either. Car drivers today are brutal, from being so unbelievably distracted to leaving the scene of so many accidents and not taking responsibility. I hope they find the rat bastard so he can sue them. I wish him Godspeed in his recovery.
IDK the history, but my other buddy said he had a helmet on, and in the tumble, helmet came off.

I lowsided on a new tire test drive last fall. I took a turn too fast before I scrubbed everything in. I got away with some bruised ribs and pride because I had jacket, boots, gloves and full face on. I was surprised there was no tears in my jeans. I caught my breath, assured on lookers I was fine and rode home much more carefully. Needless to say my cornering has been slower since. I might be intrigued to get my lean on as I have touring tires on my S10 instead of knobbies now.

It has been 5 months since I broke the Tibia and Fibula down in Big Bend.

Even with ATGATT, you can still get messed up good.

Today the Doc said no MC riding until Oct. So much for my Silverton plans, and so much for Red River NM plans...

ScreenHunter 1588.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh