What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

We are all victims in the uk. We have a very vague grey area termed in our law " Reasonable force".
Guns for home defense are not allowed period, if you are a gun owner you must ensure that all guns and the ammunition for at least firearms should be always securely locked away too its on your terms and conditions. Only ammo that has less secure requirements is shot shells.
So any use of a gun in self defense even in an emergency situation( whatever that is) is outside the legal terms of ownership.
So to use a gun here in any kind of self or home defense role is a no no and about the best excuse if you ever felt the need to use one of your sporting guns to protect yourself would be to claim you were in fear of your life.
I have zero personal experience of such events thankfully, however given the uks governments take on gun ownership and the virulent way in which the police forces enforce these laws i can only imagine that the courts would not look kindly on you protecting yourself or others and i think its a nailed on certainty you would be fishing for the rest of your natural and any gun owners who lived with you or were related to you in anyway probably would suffer the same fate.
Basically in the UK you can use "reasonable force" its how the courts view the evidence and the fact you have no right to bear arms of any kind to defend you and yours that puts a victim of crime straight in the path of the law.
My advice run and hide the police will protect you or not its not in your hands the law wont allow it. :lol2
Good old England and scottland is worse.

Pistol in the truck, wishing I had some pepper spray on me at the moment.

Dealing with a less than friendly pitbull on a job. Owner is a devoted pitbull evangelist. "He just wants to lick ya!" , refuses to keep the growling, snapping bastard away from me. Non-lethal has lots of advantages.

Dealing with a less than friendly pitbull on a job. Owner is a devoted pitbull evangelist. "He just wants to lick ya!" , refuses to keep the growling, snapping bastard away from me. Non-lethal has lots of advantages.

Pepper spray... For the the dog or the owner?

IMO, the dog is just a stupid animal (probably more brains than its human though) doing what it thinks its human wants and the human is the real problem. Men with dogs like that are often over compensating.

Single women with big protective dogs are sending a different message.

Last edited:
Tizz a true saying there aint no bad dogs just bad owners.
Bring a potentialy harmful dog up proper and it will be fine around people, but put that same dog in the hands of a pugilist and Huston we got a problem. Its so sad for the dogs really.

Reactions: CTG

A Box of milk bones might be a good investment, & keep it in the <shop> truck.

A handful of milk bones tossed in the right direction might calm the dog down.

I feel sorry for the dog. Some folks just aren't wired right to own a pet.

Last edited:
Well dog attacks are another issue. The wife was bit on our property and a big copay for ER expenses that neighbors refused to pay.. The dog hunters all said the same option should have been implemented. The Amish are the same way. Too risky to keep an animal that hurts neighbors or family. The dog still lives...I was out of town at the time. The wife is a nurse so she had to report the dog. The neighbors shunned her for their dogs rabies quarantine. And never paid the medical bills. I kinda appreciate the dog hunters and Amish out look.

Too bad. I hope she fully healed. MVI's words fit here, too.

Maybe it won't attack again, but I doubt it.
Too bad. I hope she fully healed. MVI's words fit here, too.

Maybe it won't attack again, but I doubt it.
The wife had to be put on antibiotics from infection. She healed fine. It took over two years for all grudges were dropped. The dog is still loose and is a town nuisance but not violent. I think the real issue is weaning at 8 weeks vs other countries is longer. Cats and dogs need a
mom to teach manners. Us humans might not be
capable of this. The dog had also drawn blood on everone in the owner's family also. It took 3 yrs for the dog to have manners.

Last edited:
Im the HVAC guy. I don't belong in the house, so I don't expect the household dog to be my friend. That said, every dog I've had was always friendly to anyone that came to our house. We never kept aggressive dogs.

Animals are great, dogs are the best of us. But just like you don't worry about a bunny rabbit and you know better than trying to pet a copperhead on the head, there's some breeds that you just don't mess with.

1683236852650.png

The term "mare's leg" was introduced in 1957 in the TV series Trackdown, where Steve McQueen first appeared as a bounty hunter.[3] Steve McQueen and his Mare's Leg went on to star in the CBS TV series Wanted Dead or Alive.[4]

Designed by Kenny "Von Dutch" Howard, an experienced artist and gunsmith,[5] the original Mare's Leg was made by cutting down a .44-40 caliber Winchester Model 1892 rifle to a size that could be worn in a large leg holster and used with one hand. The barrel was cut to a length of nine inches,[1] and much of the butt-stock was removed. The original Mare's Leg did not have sights. McQueen was involved in the final design, suggesting the duck-bill hammer and enlarged lever loop, and initiating a redesign of the custom holster.[1] The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms was not consulted before the program aired and producers had to pay taxes totaling $1,100 in connection with the National Firearms Act of 1934.[1]

During filming three guns were made, each with an enlarged loop on the cocking lever. After filming started, the size of the levers was made smaller on all 3 guns. The second and third guns bore octagonal barrels instead of a round one. In a continuity oversight, a gun sometimes changed partway through a given scene. While the guns were chambered for the .44-40 round, McQueen wore more impressive looking .45-70 rounds in the loops of his gun belt. In season one a doctor, after removing a bullet fired from the Mare's Leg from the back of a criminal, identified the removed bullet as a .30-30 round.[6]

Is the Juice is worth the squeeze for a Wilson BBL at $300+

1683381629664.png

EDIT - Just noticed the 0.85 gas block, best order one with the BBL

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh