What's new

Shooting, Guns & Ammo, Hunting

1683497662264.png

1683498372093.png

Last edited:
Something new. . . .

That is really cool. I don't understand how tipup barrel pistols cycle, but it makes a lot of sense. They did a good job styling that, too. Very nice looking pistol

Not a fan of the .380, TBH. I had Walther PK380 12 years ago and I could never get the groupings nice and tight. My bestfriend, who was a firearms instructor in the Marines, also had trouble with that particular pistol. Perhaps it was the gun. Either way, I'm just not a fan of the caliber itself. If you like it, cool! Different strokes for different folks.

Had to look up the PK380.
Grip appears to be smaller than the Browning 1911 380A

1683897392436.png

I've got big mits, to shoot accurately I prefer the guns with larger grips

I've been shooting the CMMG AR15 5.56->22LR conversion a lot recently and its been a ton of fun. It is a nice intermediate step between dry firing and and actually shooting that much more expensive 5.56. Right now I only have subsonics and its such a gentle plinker, I have shot pellet guns with more recoil lol. It is nice being able to practice with my preferred rifle and setup and so far its only jammed twice in maybe 400 rounds, I think both times I had 25-26 rounds in the 25 round mag. The accuracy surprised me to other than the obviously more dramatic dropoff its plenty accurate enough for the ranges I shoot at

Only .380 I've owned was a little Keltec pocket rocket. Didn't shoot great, but you can't blame the round for that. I'm sure .380 can be as accurate as necessary if it's coming out of a nice gun.

Had to look up the PK380.
Grip appears to be smaller than the Browning 1911 380A

1683897392436.png

I've got big mits, to shoot accurately I prefer the guns with larger grips
I'm not a grip size snob. My preferences are dependent on how comfortable my hands are gripping the pistol. I also had a Walther PPQ chambered in 9mm. I sold it after somebody made an offer I couldn't refuse. I sometimes find myself missing it. It was a fun pistol.

Making small grips larger can be solved with a slip-on

May not look like much, but it works fro some guns, not the 1911 for the safety or course.
1683978818847.png

I still carry my Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced from time to time. I don't take it to the range so much anymore since I hate stripping it down and having to put it back together. I r no gud at putting 1911s back together. My Glock G27 chambered in 357SIG and S&W M+P Shield chambered in 40 cal are also sometimes carried. Depends on my mood. I do like the ergonomics of the S&W over any given Glock.

Some years back there was scuttlebutt on a gun forum I used to frequent. A member on there snitched on a seller on ArmsList or one of the others for attempting to sell an SBR in WA. Seller had no idea they were illegal. The snitch was a popular member and bragged about the deed like he had done something good. That thread blew up and the guy was ostracized from the site. I never liked the guy. I base my opinions on my interactions with him at forum sponsored events. He was a male Karen. Fast-forward a couple years and he was run out of WA for being a little bitch. Last I heard he was living somewhere in FL. I wouldn't be surprised if his side hustle is informing on fellow gun owners.

The seller was arrested and charged. Not sure what became of the charge(s) and sentence, but it's messed up nonetheless.

I would have thought by now the supressor / moderator deal, woulda gotten old with the Guberment Legislators. And Just alowing them as needed would be a thing without any restrictions on ELF:lol2 and safety grounds alone.

Top Bottom Back Refresh