What's new

The DR650 Thread

Also checked rmatv. They're showing OEM fibers and steels in stock
jksdfjksdfjkl.png

FortNine has one in stock. I hit Add to Cart, and nothing happens. :hmmmmm

emailed them on it.

ok. FortNine has a bunch of them.

they don't ship to US.

soooooo there anyone in Canada that would be able to ship to US?

I'd sure give em a try at this point. Toss in some new springs and ride it. At the very least it's better than what you have currently.

Yup, a working clutch and going riding is better than not riding.

I put a Tusk clutch in a bike once and was really disappointed, it worked well in normal riding but when things got difficult, the clutch heated up and warped. This changed the engagement points, the engagement points changed every few min, so in this difficult section of trail, I had to keep stopping and spin my clutch adjuster. I put an OEM clutch back in as soon as I could.

Well, I've got three bikes. :D

Someone from Canada ordered me a clutch. They're going to ship it to me afterwards. FortNine "has a bunch" but don't ship to the US. But looks like I'll get this going soon.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

This is a great excuse for having multiple bikes.

So I'm assembling everything together, book reads to tighten the clutch spring bolts to 89ft/in or 10nm. I'm tightening in a start pattern. The final one, snaps. Sheared the head right off.

I got it out, trying to figure out what the hell is up with my torque wrench, or if this is normal.

Can I just run to tractor supply to get four bolts and washers, or do I need the Suzuki hardware?

So I'm assembling everything together, book reads to tighten the clutch spring bolts to 89ft/in or 10nm. I'm tightening in a start pattern. The final one, snaps. Sheared the head right off.

I got it out, trying to figure out what the hell is up with my torque wrench, or if this is normal.

Can I just run to tractor supply to get four bolts and washers, or do I need the Suzuki hardware?

The only time I have sheared a bolt is when using a torque wrench on a motorcycle clutch. I was using a torque wrench too. The only thing I can think of is the torque spec is a dry spec and the the oil on the bolt changed the torque needed.

Copied from DRR,

2016 DR650.

Replaced the clutch. All the metal plates and friction plates. The circlip one was a little bit of a pain, but I got it.

All plates soaked in oil for a few hours.

All together, and doesn't work. I by pass the cable at the armature and use a small piece of pipe to move the arm back and forth. Moves in and out just fine. But, bike off, in gear. swing clutch lever in, tire won't spin. You can hear the thunk when you rock the tire.

So far I've shredded the clutch cable at the little armature from removing it too many times. And after four removals, I finally tore up the gasket- at least I don't have to scrape.

What could I be missing here? No left over parts. The armature doesn't bind. No weird noises. Bike idles in neutral. As far as I can tell, the long armature through the clutch cover rotates kicking the clutch in just fine.

halp

Any ideas what the sound is? Its all back together.

Start the bike, throw it in first, hold the clutch, tire still rotates.

That's a strange one, almost sounds like the fingers on the clutch plates rattling back and forth on the clutch basket.

I didn't use the springs that came with the kit. Used the springs that were in there already. That shouldn't make a difference, right?

No, the springs merely supply force to the clutch pack. This is just a thought, and I'm sure youve checked, but do you have the right amount of fibers and steels in there? Since a bolt head twisted off, and you can't disengage the clutch, It makes me think the clutch pack itself is too thick.

Top Bottom Back Refresh