What's new

The Official Aviation Threadfest

This dipshit pleaded guilty to intentionally crashing his plane.

We all knew it was a stunt. I wonder if he tried to claim INS ?

Did anyone figure out what was strapped to his leg ?

So 3 years in Prison for 3M views.

1 year / 1 Million Views = Nope, not worth it

I read this morning he's facing 20 yrs for obstructing the investigation. Failed to report it for 48 hrs, then mislead the NTSB as to the whereabouts of the crash site, then helicoptered/trucked the wreckage out and cut up and disposed of the plane in various places/pieces. All allegedly, of course.

But Trevor has his name and in the news and everybody is talking about him again...so it's a win for him.:fpalm

I wonder if Trevor can keep his YouTube channel going from prison? He might has some good new girlfriend vids to post?:D

Idiot... the video that I won't watch again to make it 3M +1 views might have been more interesting if he bailed from say, an inverted flat spin 300ft from impact instead of boring obviously staged whatever contrived drama that was. :lol3

Idiot... the video that I won't watch again to make it 3M +1 views might have been more interesting if he bailed from say, an inverted flat spin 300ft from impact instead of boring obviously staged whatever contrived drama that was. :lol3
I'll wait and see what happens, say a year from now...
Once he has time to reflect, in prison.

Maybe he is in the "planning" stages for a flat spin exit video

1684261086752.jpeg

I'll wait and see what happens, say a year from now...
Once he has time to reflect, in prison.

Maybe he is in the "planning" stages for a flat spin exit video
I had a couple of friends do that in a Christian Eagle. Fortunately no video, since they didn't get to exit.

Correction on the video- pilot in the damaged but intact airplane was able to land it safely. The pilot in the one that lost its wing was a student skydiver. He was able to bail a few seconds after everybody else.

This one is gnarly no matter how many times I watch it. Both pilots did manage to bail and parachute to safety. All the skydivers survived.

I haven't seen anything that stupid in awhile. It's amazing that everyone survived.

Edit: If someone would like to discuss why I think stupidity played a role in this collision, I'll discuss it with anyone that wants to actually talk about the incident.

This is relevant to aircraft operating in the U.S. and applies to this collision.

FAR Sec. 91.111: Operating near other aircraft
  1. No person may operate an aircraft so close to another aircraft as to create a collision hazard.
  2. No person may operate an aircraft in formation flight except by arrangement with the pilot in command of each aircraft in the formation.
  3. No person may operate an aircraft, carrying passengers for hire, in formation flight.

FAR Sec. 91.111 is cited in the NTSB Final Report (page 18). The FAA doesn't prohibit formation flying for skydiving, but when it comes to operating aircraft in close proximity, they still want to mitigate the risk. The FAA and U.S. Parachute Association (USPA) have provided additional guidance to improve skydiving safety for all involved. If those practices had been followed, this collision would've been far less likely.

After this collision, the USPA released this article: https://www.uspa.org/about-uspa/uspa-news/formation-flying-101-a-guide-for-jump-pilots

"Flying trail can be pretty easy but also very challenging to do well. It’s easy in that you have only one thing to do—hold position relative to the lead aircraft."

An article that references the NTSB Final Report.

NTSB Final Report: https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/api/Aviation/ReportMain/GenerateNewestReport/88377/pdf

The NTSB report provides a much more in-depth analysis, but I stand by what I said about stupidity playing a role in this incident. When pilots aren't properly trained and can't agree about their formation parameters, bad things can happen.

Last edited:
Serious Question : Why would two planes with skydivers need to be in close formation? Were not talking about the Blue Angels air show - that does require close proximity...

Formation jumps often require close proximity of multiple aircraft if the jumpers are to form up quickly.

Last edited:
Stop with the reporting and sort it out between yourselves.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh