What's new

The Official Aviation Threadfest

1678298435689.jpeg
V-173 Flying Pancake

I'd like to see the takeoff.

plane_on_helipad.gif

I watched a CH-701 do a vertical take off and landing on a windy day. The take off was brakes on, run the engine up to 100% and raise the nose until it lifted off.

Last edited:
If it has a C85 in it I want to the engine for my J3. Believe it or not, people are buying those for the engines and turning the rest into beer cans. I've never flown one but people who have still have fond memories.

If it has a C85 in it I want to the engine for my J3. Believe it or not, people are buying those for the engines and turning the rest into beer cans. I've never flown one but people who have still have fond memories.
There is one for sale not 15 min from my place with a C85 engine in it. It actually looks very nice for its age. If you have access to faceplant, here s the ad: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

I know a guy who built one of those, R/C, in about 1/3 scale or so. Beautiful plane... great work. He looked fairly weak kneed and sweaty after the maiden... which was successfull, btw. Apparently determining the CG location wasn't quite as straighfoward as he thought... next couple of flights went better, but it still always looked dicey when flying. He was going to build the military version of it, in F/G, but the prototype disauded him...

vought-xf5u-front.jpg

The second low time pilot is there as much to learn and gain experience as reduce the work load for the PIC. If the industry wants competent pilots they must keep two pilot crews for no other reason than training and experience. I can't see any way around that.

Automation is progressing towards a one pilot model. Timeline unknown.

Top Bottom Back Refresh