What's new

Trials (Or Not Trials) Dumping Ground

Can you chose any options within the channel? I found it on my Roku, but it's been all skiing and bicycles (which is cool) when I happen to tune in.

No, it is like you see, just have to watch the schedule for the stuff we want to see. Their web site seems to have a lot of content but I don’t see an easy way to get that from my iPad to the TV.

Here’s a question for you guys with a tv setup, can I get any old tv and get a set up like you are talking about to work with it? Just needs to have an HDMI port? Not necessarily a smart tv? Likely dumb questions but I haven’t had a tv for over 20 years but if I could actually watch moto stuff I would start looking for a used one….yes I’m cheap…:D

Here’s a question for you guys with a tv setup, can I get any old tv and get a set up like you are talking about to work with it? Just needs to have an HDMI port? Not necessarily a smart tv? Likely dumb questions but I haven’t had a tv for over 20 years but if I could actually watch moto stuff I would start looking for a used one….yes I’m cheap…:D

Yeah, a HDMI port will get the job done. The TCL brand of TVs has the Roku built in. We don’t pay for cable, so it is easier to pay a little extra for a TV that seamlessly provides all the streaming services.

Hmm. I have three Roku devices and can't find this channel anywhere. Even on the Roku website I can't find it available to add. What's the trick?

Hmm. I have three Roku devices and can't find this channel anywhere. Even on the Roku website I can't find it available to add. What's the trick?
Open up Roku on your TV. Then go into the Roku Channel. It will show a bunch of available channels, but no search function. Toggle up and search icon will appear. Type in Edge Sports, and it should come up.

What an awesome website you shared, I was able to watch round 1 of the X-trial, well at least until I got bored.

I must admit to becoming a bit of a Jaime Busto fan after watching several of his rides. He's a real showman and while not inch perfect just really rides in a way that is super entertaining as well as skillful.

Buh bye. I can't believe she's gone. I think I'm going to puke. :puke1
IMG_20220313_121354_470.jpg

Well it looks like Roku is available in Canada, I just need to figure out if my wireless network is adequate. Works fine for Netflix on the computer so it should be fine..

If you can stream Netflix, you're good.

Definitely go with a normal TV and add a Roku to it. The RokuTV's seem to have sub-par Roku units built-in. I have a RokuTV and added a Roku Ultra to it. I can switch back and forth to compare and there is a difference in performance and quality. YMMV

Last edited:
Ok, so a "NOT Trials" topic. Does anyone run their motorcycle club website/forum? I have two folks I'm talking to about how to host a website and a forum, so have a couple of good suggestions, but figured I would ask here for any ideas.

It seems like the prevailing opinion is to use a host that can purchase a domain with WordPress for the website itself, and then use a phpBB forum software, much like ADVbikes here, for the intra-club discussion groups. But there are other options I'm exploring too. (siteground, hostgator for hosting; phpBB or wpforo for forums)

Ok, so a "NOT Trials" topic. Does anyone run their motorcycle club website/forum? I have two folks I'm talking to about how to host a website and a forum, so have a couple of good suggestions, but figured I would ask here for any ideas.

It seems like the prevailing opinion is to use a host that can purchase a domain with WordPress for the website itself, and then use a phpBB forum software, much like ADVbikes here, for the intra-club discussion groups. But there are other options I'm exploring too. (siteground, hostgator for hosting; phpBB or wpforo for forums)

I responded to you question in ChitChat. :imaposer

I think a forum for a club is not needed, just a basic web page with info.

I responded to you question in ChitChat. :imaposer

I think a forum for a club is not needed, just a basic web page with info.

I'll go look over there. I thought so too and I worry it will become a ghost town. But trying to coordinate events using group texts is a real pain in the ass. And the old email chain doesn't seem to be a good option either, everyone is always worried about the reply-all.

I'll go look over there. I thought so too and I worry it will become a ghost town. But trying to coordinate events using group texts is a real pain in the ass. And the old email chain doesn't seem to be a good option either, everyone is always worried about the reply-all.

If I were in your shoes, I would do a simple one page site. I would start a thread on the forum of your choice, like the New Mexico thread at ADVr. I would work with Mike to get your clubs calendar on this site: https://trialscalendars.weebly.com/

On the one page site, I would provide links to the calendar and the forum thread.

Now that I type that out, the site may need a couple/few pages. One for results. One for rules.

Another option if you're just coordinating the group is Discord. My local riding group uses this to coordinate work days/ride days on our private land. We're on year 2 of it and everyone seems to agree it works really good. Its free, hidden from the public. We were doing group texts before and it was a mess.

Top Bottom Back Refresh